Delta Classic Rock Crawl... who's going?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I can't speak for the rules now, but this was never the case. CJ's and such were allowed to run doorless due to having such a high threshold to step over to enter the vehicle.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I can't speak for the rules now, but this was never the case. CJ's and such were allowed to run doorless due to having such a high threshold to step over to enter the vehicle.

That could be the case- I only ever saw that on JK’s now that I think about it.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I am wondering about running the scrambler this year because it is likely to be the last year with a stock suspension.

Do you need more than a lap belt?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Good deal man. I will never recommend rockcrawling over family :D Have a good weekend out there. It might be your birthday all weekend though LOL

No boycott in any way. I really do hope the event continues and is very successful. Just a weekend that’s kind of a “family weekend” that we’ve pushed aside for a few years. With my dad’s health scare (aortic aneurysm in Nov-he’s lucky to still be on the earth), that’s given me a different perspective on some things. Memorial Day weekend being one of those things

Coco

I am wondering about running the scrambler this year because it is likely to be the last year with a stock suspension.

Do you need more than a lap belt?

I believe full harnesses are needed, but don't quote me on that.

*EDIT: From the OSRC rules (which I believe is still being used in this event for this year)

6.19 Seat Belts-Lap belts or shoulder harnesses are required and a five point 3” race harness is recommended. Seat belts must meet the manufacturer’s specifications. Seat belts must function and be used at all times or the team will be disqualified (50 pts.). Mounting and use must meet the manufacturer’s recommendations and directions. Seat belts must be in good working condition

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I wouldn't recommend competing, or driving at all, with just a lap belt, unless you like getting smashed in the teeth. You could ask those guys that went over backwards at Miller how they liked just having lap belts, if they can remember after bouncing their skulls off the dash.

I might be a little aggro about this, but I've been around too much blood and too many limp bodies not to be. :mad: Proper seatbelts would have helped most of them.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
I wouldn't recommend competing, or driving at all, with just a lap belt, unless you like getting smashed in the teeth. You could ask those guys that went over backwards at Miller how they liked just having lap belts, if they can remember after bouncing their skulls off the dash.

I might be a little aggro about this, but I've been around too much blood and too many limp bodies not to be. :mad: Proper seatbelts would have helped most of them.

do mini bikes have harnesses?