Delta Classic Rock Crawl... who's going?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This makes me sad.

I will be there though. Competing. Should be a great time, as usual, I am excited!

It's never been the ideal weekend for us. We've made it work most years but with the changes, I think it wise to go back to our old activities on Memorial Day Weekend. I will miss the people and the event. Hope it's successful! (I've kicked around competing but I don't think that's going to happen as it just creates the same issue.)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It's never been the ideal weekend for us. We've made it work most years but with the changes, I think it wise to go back to our old activities on Memorial Day Weekend. I will miss the people and the event. Hope it's successful! (I've kicked around competing but I don't think that's going to happen as it just creates the same issue.)

I know change sucks but as a guy that loved OSRC & Craig/Lisa I can say that it is still going to be an awesome event going forward. Big and Shelley have put a lot of thought into making it great and making sure the people that have loved this event for a long time will still feel at home. Yes, there will be some small changes but they have asked for our input on a lot of stuff and we’ve had some good discussions. I encourage anybody that’s having doubts about the event to just come out but if you’re really concerned about something reach out to me and I will facilitate a conversation if need be.

N-Smooth

I just was able to get this day off So I plan on going and competing again. Should be a good time. Is there still a stock class?

That’s awesome Kevin! Yes, there is still a stock class. Make sure to have your doors, tube doors or door bars.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
That’s awesome Kevin! Yes, there is still a stock class. Make sure to have your doors, tube doors or door bars.

Sorry for being a slacker and not reading everything... but for stock class, do you need some sort of door for TJ/CJ vehicle? I just want to be sure I understand what Nate is pointing out... :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
:( I hope its because you'll be somewhere having an awesome time with family?.... and not a boycott. :D

No boycott in any way. I really do hope the event continues and is very successful. Just a weekend that’s kind of a “family weekend” that we’ve pushed aside for a few years. With my dad’s health scare (aortic aneurysm in Nov-he’s lucky to still be on the earth), that’s given me a different perspective on some things. Memorial Day weekend being one of those things

N-Smooth

Sorry for being a slacker and not reading everything... but for stock class, do you need some sort of door for TJ/CJ vehicle? I just want to be sure I understand what Nate is pointing out... :D

That’s correct, just as the rules have always been. I’ve seen people in a pinch do a ratchet strap from the B pillar to the floor next to their feet.