Dexter Torque Flex axles...lift?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm looking into a small camping trailer so that I can convince my family to go camping with me more often (they say the best camp accessory is the one that gets you out more...so ya, i'm not happy about it but I'm not happy sitting at home either). One I'm looking at has a torque flex axle, which seems to get great reviews on and off road, but I wish the trailer had more clearance so I could take it a few more places. As is, it's on 30" mud tires and has ok clearance, but if I could get an extra 2" of lift out of it, I could probably go one size bigger on tire and have some decent clearance

I've read that you can take off the trailer arms and clock them for more lift? Is this true and if so, as long as you stay within a reasonable angle, are there any major downsides to this? Is the only other option to lift the trailer body from the frame...like a trailer body lift?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Not sure about clocking, but I know I've seen a "how to" video showing someone bolting on what essentially looked like a square-tube spacer between the frame and axle. Simple enough.

You can definitely clock the torflex axle. Dexter shows the different lift dimensions for each axle at 7 different clocking positions on page 15 in this manual. I'm guessing as you get away from a slight down clocking, you are going to have more negative suspension effects, just like having really short trailing arms.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I read that and can't tell if the axle is adjustable or if there are different angle options that can be ordered

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Not sure about clocking, but I know I've seen a "how to" video showing someone bolting on what essentially looked like a square-tube spacer between the frame and axle. Simple enough.

Know a fab guy that might take on the job? ;)

This is good info. I wasn't sure if you could just clock them or if they had to be ordered a certain way. I also have heard that Dexter makes a lift for them, but haven't been able to find any other info on that (I haven't called them about it).

Corban_White

Seven

Many years ago I had a pop up that I put some 2x3 rectangular tubing on to lift and I dont remember any problems with it.

Or you could do an adjustable lift
24d5853.jpg