Didn't you guys go to Moab over T day?

Ryan

I was planning on going, until about 10 hours before we were supposed to leave, when my wife mentioned that she felt sick. We ended up spending the night in the ER, and we're just now getting over aaaaalllllll kinds of sickness. Wouldn't have had much fun if I did go, LOL.

So------YEAH, WHERE'S THE PICS?:p

sukaB

Banned
Well I would have swore it was easter jeep safari...
It was packed and the motels were full.......
I hope someone has pics, no camera......

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Well I was going to take pics, but the ex-wife took the digital camera. Oh well small price to pay for freedom ;)

Seriously though--It was a great time over the past weekend. I didn't get a chance to hook up with anyone from the board, maybe another time.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I went down with my family. They all have semi-built Jeeps, but nothing real extreme so we kept to Moab Rim, Hell's Revenge, and such. I saw Sucka B on the way down and talked to Jeremy for a second at the Arby's (Mmmm...Arby's). My 6 year old son took some pictures of his feet and of cool rocks, how's that? I really wanted to go wheelin' with some of you guys, oh well...

sukaB

Banned
Big Von,
I wanted to run Coyote with you and a bunch of others but you werent there.........That trail changes bad with water... It looks even better now....
yaaahhhooooo
I'm definetely runnin it next time
Hawkins and myself might go real soon.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Vonski
I went down with my family. They all have semi-built Jeeps, but nothing real extreme so we kept to Moab Rim, Hell's Revenge, and such. I saw Sucka B on the way down and talked to Jeremy for a second at the Arby's (Mmmm...Arby's). My 6 year old son took some pictures of his feet and of cool rocks, how's that? I really wanted to go wheelin' with some of you guys, oh well...

6 year olds take great pics.......LMAO.......

Originally posted by SukaB
Big Von,
I wanted to run Coyote with you and a bunch of others but you werent there.........That trail changes bad with water... It looks even better now....
yaaahhhooooo
I'm definetely runnin it next time
Hawkins and myself might go real soon.

That would be cool to watch. My XJ is a rabbit and will run away from Coyote.....{at least from what I've heard of the trail--yeah, yeah--piece of cake, I know, but I'll be a trail b!tch on that one first}

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
hey,
I met up with Jeremy, SukaB, Riley and a bunch of other guys that SukaB knows. There was some awesome rigs in that group. Kevin Hawkins had his extremely nice flatty, a couple of other well built jeeps, a very serious bronco, Scotts Flattie, jeremy's Brittney, and the Blacksheep.

I arrived Thursday afternoon with Scott and we ran up to moab rim. Pretty cool trail. The best part was driving back down the fun part (you know just above the road) heading right for the setting sun. Very beautiful. Did I get a photo....no (allright, I know, I'm a loser!!). Just trust me, it was incredible seeing the sun set over the cliffs on the other side of the river.

Friday, we met up with the group described above. The consensus was to run pritchett. After an awesome breakfast at Moab Diner, we headed up the road. A few of Jeremy's friends on 4 wheelers joined us, as well as his friend in a YJ (Matt I think).

On the trail, down the first drop, no problems, just another little dent in my stock gas tank skid plate. Jeremy, led the way with matt, the 4wheelers, then me & scott. SukaB and Riley were hanging back a little to wait for the rest of the crew.

We got to the next ledge, this time to climb. Kevin Hawkins was there already, Jeremy goes right up a pretty hard line, Matt tries it several times, but is having a tough time of it. Finally, he decides to try a different line. He moves over, and scott takes his flattie through same as Jeremy's line. Took him a couple tries, a little drama, but nothing major. Somehow, I rolled right up that same line in my baby tire TJ.

Meanwhile, Matt has thrown his rear driveline, and it looked terminal. We had to leave Matt's rig behind, and he and his wife/girlfriend rode with Jeremy. SukaB and a few of the other rigs had begun to catch up, and they took the lead on the trail.

We cruised along the trail, with no major mishaps until an uphill climb not terribly far from rocker knocker. There is a small ledge about half way up a hill right after a fun little wash/waterfall. I knew this spot required me to give it a bump to get over it, but my line was too far to the left. i ended up snapping my tie rod. Were it not for an extrememly well equipped group behind us, I would have had a very long day getting my rig out of there. They welded up my tie rod, and I continued on.

Over at Rocker Knocker, we caught up with SukaB and the rest of the guys. It was pretty fun watching everyone attack the obstacle. A few times there was some drama. Scott almost put his flattie on its roof....i will have to say that he was trying a pretty tough line!!

SukaBs gonna have to fill in on the fun at the rockpile. By the time we (jeremy, me, Scott and the 4wheelers) caught up to him all of them had tried the rockpile and either did or didn't do it.

Since we were getting a bit of a traffic jam with all the rigs getting ready to head back out, the small group turned around without an attempt on the rockpile.

not a lot of excitement on the way back, although thanks to SukaB and Riley for spotting me down rockerknocker and the waterfall just below it.

Funny thing about Pritchett when you are heading back out the way you came in, the last obstacle is not easy. For some of the rigs, it is pretty easy, but for my rig, I feel like I am beating it up trying to get over that last ledge. Scott took his flattie over it first, then I gave it a couple of attempts. Since I had already broken that day, I winched myself with Scott's help. Then I set up as a winch point, and winched two other broken vehicles and provided assistance to a couple others.

We then proceded to eat awesome pizza and get ripped. I'll let someone else fill you in on Lower helldorado which we did on saturday morning.

I did take some photos, and a few of them turned out pretty good, but I forgot to bring them with me (travelling on business right now). I'll pick them up this weekend, and post.

jd

sukaB

Banned
Everyone attemted rock pile made it up....
Except Riley on foot......
Ohh yah and the dirt bike guy that tried to jump down it.....
He got his a** whooped
I think riley hawkins and I laughed all night about that one he really spilled it......
helldorado was fun no breakage and all parties strolled right thru lower---whatever you take a subi up lower now.
The last hill on the left before you dig up the hill was is all sorts of fun I crawled it without spinning a tire but the rocks moved and others had a little difficulty but all but one made it up eventually.
Upper
we started and rolled right up to the group from colorado and then we turned around because they had just busted on the breakover and it seemed like they were going to be there all night long...We left.....
I had damn goo time this weeknd though evryone was having a good time meeting and talking trash to each other...
Blacksheep did very well in his rig without scratching it..
I think Jeremy scratch his but you can't tell.....
:D
That's good for now..

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
Yeah, I got her down at Maaco right now for the "Presidential treatment":D

DOOOOOHHHH! I hope not.....There's these cool things called 'paint stores'.....you should try them.

So should I, to be terribly, honest. You interested in having your Jeep the same blue as mine? I've got to buy some paint one of these days......