Diesel Brothers show on Discovery

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I saw the show and agree with everyone. Cool to see local a local shop on tv. Also it's scripted reality tv so of course it will be a little unrealistic at times. Bitchen rides on velocity is a local company and I know they add stand-ins (customers) just to make the story lines work.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
There is not one aspect of that show that is real. It's a completely scripted act.

It's rather depressing, in the fact that there is an opportunity to show that there are intelligent truck owners in the world, but instead they make an extreme example of the stereotype and make it become reality.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Having been there wile filming and will be in the back ground during the supersix build.. I can honestly say your wrong in some aspects jeeper.
They edit the crap out of the episodes for tv... they gotta fit weeks and months of film into a short time slot for each episode that needs to be in order so people can fallow along.

Trying to get a truck finished for Sema and having a camera in your face asking you a million questions on what your doing is as real as it gets.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Having been there wile filming and will be in the back ground during the supersix build.. I can honestly say your wrong in some aspects jeeper.
They edit the crap out of the episodes for tv... they gotta fit weeks and months of film into a short time slot for each episode that needs to be in order so people can fallow along.

Trying to get a truck finished for Sema and having a camera in your face asking you a million questions on what your doing is as real as it gets.

So, you are saying that this 'professional' shop really does try to remove a truck cab by putting 1 guy on each corner and yanking on it? They don't have one of those crazy things called a hoist, or a auto lift?

..That this 'professional' shop is dumb enough to have a simple torch use turn into an explosion from the cab of the truck? What was being stored in the head liner of that truck to create such an awesome downward explosion?? Pretty lucky that they had multiple cameras in the right position at the right time to catch it also.

Nearly EVERY shot in that video was set up and fake. Normal shop activity does not sell advertising, and is not useable for reality TV.

If this shop truthfully has as much clowning and drama each day as they show in the movie, there is no possible way it could remain in business.

sixstringsteve

I've met Steve (chevycrew) a few times, and he's always been good to me. Nice guy that helped me source some tough to find parts. Even during the filming of the show he had time to respond to a few questions when I was looking for my front axle. I love bullit's toyota that he helped build. I love his old chevy crew with rockwells under it, and his trail blazer looked to be done really well. I haven't seen any of his latest creations, but I'm excited to watch the show now.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
So, you are saying that this 'professional' shop really does try to remove a truck cab by putting 1 guy on each corner and yanking on it? They don't have one of those crazy things called a hoist, or a auto lift?

..That this 'professional' shop is dumb enough to have a simple torch use turn into an explosion from the cab of the truck? What was being stored in the head liner of that truck to create such an awesome downward explosion?? Pretty lucky that they had multiple cameras in the right position at the right time to catch it also.

Nearly EVERY shot in that video was set up and fake. Normal shop activity does not sell advertising, and is not useable for reality TV.

If this shop truthfully has as much clowning and drama each day as they show in the movie, there is no possible way it could remain in business.
Lol tell us more how the moon landing was fake.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I watched the show. I like it for entertainment purposes. I'm not watching it to learn anything. I figure cars built on the show wouldn't be built to a high standard.

I find it entertaining and that meet my expectations.

rholbrook

My SIL bought a 2006 Dodge Cummins with a flatbed from these guys about 1 1/2 years ago. He got a really good deal and so far a really good truck. All he has replaced is some batteries a month ago and an electronic thing on the transmission that wasn't very expensive. As far as the show goes, its mind numbing entertainment that I don't mind watching once a week. It could be worse, it could be one of my wife's Hallmark shows that makes her think that there really is men out there that are all mushy and lovey dovey all the time. Actually, there probably are men like that, but not any of us manly RME men. Lets face it, if your man isn't on RME, then Happy Mothers Day to them. Pantie wastes.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I saw the show and agree with everyone. Cool to see local a local shop on tv. Also it's scripted reality tv so of course it will be a little unrealistic at times....

I've met Steve (chevycrew) a few times, and he's always been good to me. Nice guy that helped me source some tough to find parts...

I watched the show. I like it for entertainment purposes. I'm not watching it to learn anything. I figure cars built on the show wouldn't be built to a high standard.

I find it entertaining and that meet my expectations.

... As far as the show goes, its mind numbing entertainment that I don't mind watching once a week.

^^^^^^^^
Totally agree with the above!

It's produced-reality drama & entertainment, makes for a fun show to watch and it's nice to see some locals making it big on TV. The trucks they build are overkill, but it's cool to see what can be done, how they do it and like I said earlier, at least their projects go offroad. I'm thinking as time goes on, the projects and quality will get better.... there are some bugs to work out with success and cameras everywhere. I'm happy for their success... I think with the show they'll only grow and get better.

SWALLDOG

You guys need to remember this is a tv show meant for entertainment. It is not a build documentary. Drama may be fabricated as fast as parts ....

As for build quality, I didnt see any of their projects before Steve (chevycrew) was hired as the shop foreman but i think thats why he was hired and quality is just fine now. Dont judge by every little unfinished detail on the show. The deadlines are set for filming most often. Not the consumer. Im sure they have shoot dates and the show has to be filmed whether the project is 100% done or not.

Bottom line is its an entertaining show and dont expect more than that from it. Dave posted their ratings were #1 for a Discovery premiere in that time slot. #2 for any time slot. Pretty friggin awesome IMO

Cheston I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. How long has old chevycrew been working at Truck Dynasty? A year? Maybe more? The build quality has definitely gone down sense then. At least before they would just buy lift kits and install them, now that they are fabricating there own suspension its getting bad fast. I was over there a few weeks ago looking at one rig in particular and I know chevycrew was involved in it because he had posted about it on IG. I wouldn't dare drive that thing on the road let alone tow a 20,000lb horse trailer! F that!

So I finally watched the first episode the other night. Haven't seen the second yet, I need a break from the stupidity. It was obvious that a lot was scripted, painfully obvious. Half the lines seemed the same as every other "reality" car/truck show on discovery or history channel. "We buy trucks, fix them, and flip them, for a profit!" No you dont, everyone knows your bread and butter is merchandise. You sell t-shirts and give away trucks to boost sales. And what is with Dave Sparks, the passionate about diesels and inspired by military vehicles, not knowing who Boyce Equipment is! Especially if you are from utah! The place has been around like 50 years. Ive known about them for like 19 years and im only 33. The other observation i made is that discovery does not want to do a show about a professional shop that runs smooth as silk, does nice work, never has any problems and always meets there deadlines with plenty of time to spare. There is no simple minded entertainment in that. They want the hack jobs that start tucks on fire. Like Cheston pointed out to us, it gives them high ratings.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
...So I finally watched the first episode the other night. Haven't seen the second yet, I need a break from the stupidity. It was obvious that a lot was scripted, painfully obvious ... discovery does not want to do a show about a professional shop that runs smooth as silk, does nice work, never has any problems and always meets there deadlines with plenty of time to spare. There is no simple minded entertainment in that. They want the hack jobs that start tucks on fire. Like Cheston pointed out to us, it gives them high ratings.

This. Discovery Channel could take the most professional shop in the world and make them look like a bunch of hack clowns. If Chevycrew and his guys hadn't played along, the show never would have seen air. I've never met the fellow, I've never seen any of his work, I'm sure as heck not going to judge him or his shop based on how the Discovery Channel portrays them.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I think the best car show right now is Bitchin' Rides. They are not rushed by timelines or forced to do a bunch of stupid antics. Other than the Powerblock, that's my go to.

Cheston I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. How long has old chevycrew been working at Truck Dynasty? A year? Maybe more? The build quality has definitely gone down sense then. At least before they would just buy lift kits and install them, now that they are fabricating there own suspension its getting bad fast. I was over there a few weeks ago looking at one rig in particular and I know chevycrew was involved in it because he had posted about it on IG. I wouldn't dare drive that thing on the road let alone tow a 20,000lb horse trailer! F that!

So I finally watched the first episode the other night. Haven't seen the second yet, I need a break from the stupidity. It was obvious that a lot was scripted, painfully obvious. Half the lines seemed the same as every other "reality" car/truck show on discovery or history channel. "We buy trucks, fix them, and flip them, for a profit!" No you dont, everyone knows your bread and butter is merchandise. You sell t-shirts and give away trucks to boost sales. And what is with Dave Sparks, the passionate about diesels and inspired by military vehicles, not knowing who Boyce Equipment is! Especially if you are from utah! The place has been around like 50 years. Ive known about them for like 19 years and im only 33. The other observation i made is that discovery does not want to do a show about a professional shop that runs smooth as silk, does nice work, never has any problems and always meets there deadlines with plenty of time to spare. There is no simple minded entertainment in that. They want the hack jobs that start tucks on fire. Like Cheston pointed out to us, it gives them high ratings.

rholbrook

The 2 door truck they gave away that caught on fire in episode 2 was made out to be be finished just in time to give it away. That truck was sitting at Cosmos Video for a week or two with a sign on it to vote for Dave Adams for the Kaysville City Council. It obviously had been done for a much longer than it was portrayed. I never stopped to check it out, but from the road driving by it looked cool if you are into that sorta stuff. Some cool ideas in the design.

My daughter used to hang out with Diesel Dave before he was Diesel Dave when they were young and dumb. He always treated her and her friends good. My daughter went to Moab with them all and when my TJ came back, they had backed up and pushed my tail pipe in and kinked it so bad it hardly would breath.

neagtea

Supporting Member
I have yet to judge. My kid went to school with them as well as Mark Boyce's son. Hard to believe they have never heard of Boyce Equipment.

rholbrook

I have yet to judge. My kid went to school with them as well as Mark Boyce's son. Hard to believe they have never heard of Boyce Equipment.
I was thinking that same thing. I grew up with the Boyce's and was friends with Marks little brother Clay. Everybody in Utah practically know who Boyce Equip is.

SWALLDOG

NSL in the Foxboro development directly south of you (bergen Legacy and Redwood), where the houses are REALLY close together. I'm lucky and have a bunch of side parking for truck/trailers and shed access while the 99% barely have a man-gate on one side.
Right on, that's nice you have a little more room than most on the side. Cool that your just one development over. If ya ever need a hand or anything let me know.