Diesel Brothers show on Discovery

Pile of parts

Good golly Jesse give me a break.... Reality TV man... Let's not start a "Critical Analysis of McGyver" thread next...

I hear Baby Seal tears cure cancer, if only we could go back to clubbing them...

Don't you dare drag McGyver into this... :mad:

And, do you have to hit the baby seals with intent to kill, or just hard enough to make them cry? :rofl:

AaronPaige

What ever anyone wants to say about this group of guys is there business but today they showed up at area bfe for the crawl readers ride, threw out at least 30 hoodies, tee shirts tons of swag and just hung out, at least three of the guys complemented my rig and shook my hand, every one I seen was down to earth and cool, if I had the chance to do what they have done I would be loving my job...

jruss

Just saw a guy griping on the Diesel Brothers instagram page about them taking credit for some of "their" builds. Looks like they farm out some of their work. This guy has some pics of the builds in his shop so it looks credible https://www.instagram.com/gilleyfab/ Maybe you guys know himScreen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.59.59 AM.png

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I dont think its any secret that gilley fab did a lot of the work on the yellow truggy. They posted it on their instagram when it was loaded up and heading to his place

They also got the high steer arms and link mounts from my buddy skipped_link. Along with the rear steer parts

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I dont think its any secret that gilley fab did a lot of the work on the yellow truggy. They posted it on their instagram when it was loaded up and heading to his place...

I didn't follow the build at all and I knew Gilley Fab was involved heavily in the Bro Dozer.... and I have no idea who they are. I think someone is trying to make something out of nothing.

Just another guy jealous of all the success and attention they're getting.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Saw them leaving Moab with that monstrosity only hauling one buggy. Then a buddy showed me their latest post with it hauling everything. I don't care but it is funny.

Jesser04

That's some hand made quality sh$t right there.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    776.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    954.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

sean_pistol

That's some hand made quality sh$t right there.

I drove past their shop on redwood last week and stopped to check out the brodozer and the megaramrunner that were sitting outside. I thought the same thing... lot's of booger welds and things that looked slapped together or an afterthought.

Cool trucks, regardless.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm actually a bit surprised it took this long. With all the attention they've given themselves and obvious footage of non-safety compliant trucks driving on Utah Highways, I figured it was only a matter of time before the hammer started to drop.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Totally agree Shane. My semi is a 2 stroke diesel and smokes pretty bad. Its embarrasing and thats why they stopped making them. Nature of that beast

Is this the same douche hole that sued Edge?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Totally agree Shane. My semi is a 2 stroke diesel and smokes pretty bad. Its embarrasing and thats why they stopped making them. Nature of that beast

It's one thing for the truck to smoke a bit, especially older rigs. It's another to blatantly tune it to do it. It's easy to spot the difference.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It's been a few years since we've discussed this show, but in case you missed it....

Diesel Brothers Ordered To Pay $850,000 Fine For Rolling Lots Of Coal

"The Diesel Brothersa collective nickname for Discovery Channel’s truck-obsessed super polluter television show, David “Heavy D” Sparks, Joshua Stuart, Keaton Hoskins, and David “Diesel Dave” Kiley—have been ordered by a Utah judge to pay over $850,000 in fines for violation of the Clean Air Act. In the process of building trucks for customers at various businesses owned by the men, it was uncovered that they were removing pollution control devices and installing devices to bypass emission controls.

Documents from the court show that none of the levied fines can be avoided or discharged by way of bankruptcy. The judge also ruled that the plaintiffs may submit their attorney fees, allegedly $1.2 million, to be paid by the defendant.
The lawsuit was filed by Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment in 2017. This group went to great lengths to prove that the so-called Diesel Brothers were building trucks which intentionally polluted far more than legally allowed. The plaintiffs actually purchased a vehicle from David Sparks, modified by his company, and sent it off for EPA testing. The results showed the truck to emit 36 times more greenhouse gasses, and 21 times more particulate than it would if it were fitted with its proper emissions equipment.

Selling acid was a bad idea. Selling it to a cop was a worse one.
“Diesel exhaust makes up half of the air pollution from mobile sources in the Wasatch Front and those drivers with tampered diesel trucks are a large part of the problem,” Dr. Kirtly Jones, UPHE board member, said in a statement. “These lawbreakers hurt the health of our families and our community and need to be stopped.”
We’ve all seen them on the road, the trucks with a “This Truck Identifies As A Prius” decal on the tailgate and a thin blue line decal in the back window belching thick and obnoxiously loud black smoke with every shift. These disgustingly selfish truck dorks take pride in making other people uncomfortable and hurting the environment.
“Illegally stripped down and modified diesel trucks have no place on our roadways,” Dr. Brian Moench, president of the plaintiff organization, said in a statement. “Any business that not only profits from doing that, but glorifies the plumes of pollution that their handiwork produces, should be held accountable, and that’s what this ruling does.”
The defendants are banned from ever removing emissions equipment, or selling vehicles modified in this manner again. While it was already illegal, if they do commit such an illegal act again, they could be found in contempt of court, which could mean some actual jail time.
It’s interesting that the Discovery Channel, a network which once focused on science, technology, and history has devolved in a way to air shitty reality television and science ignorant programming like this. Shame, that."

In the end, the Diesel Bro's may be on the hook for over $2 million once they pay the fines AND the winning attorneys fees. IMO, I love building and modifying 4x4's and I love diesels, but building & modifying them to 'roll coal' is lame.

Last edited: