Diesel repair shops

neagtea

Supporting Member
Diesel shops good and bad

I want to have the injectors replaced in my 06 GMC with the LBZ motor.
I have injectors and new return lines and am capable of doing the work and am anal. But with work and life happen and I just want to drop it off and pick it up. I was thinking moonlight in Logan, any one else have any good recommendations? Or horror stories?

RockChucker

I had Pauls auto and 4x4 in sandy do mine. I took all the parts in and only paid labor. Also had them do a small mod to the fuel pump to boost rail pressure up to about 26k psi. They were already in it and the part was like $15. I was in the same boat, capable of doing it, but didn't have the time. They are the only shop that I will take any of my vehicles to. Matt and Jeff are great guys to work with. Super knowledgeable.

Edit: I also have an LBZ

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Good luck. My experience is no matter where you take it, there will be some ass hat to screw it up. If you can do it yourself and you are anal, you will be disappointed to absolutely pissed off if you pay someone else to do it, unless you try really hard not to look at the work they did. I've really tried (unsuccessfully) to prove myself wrong in this regard. I think I have been happy with work I paid to have done, 2 or 3 times in the last 20 years.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Bakers Diesel injection (OGDEN) treated me really good when I had a Ford Powerstroke 6.0L. They did a bunch of stuff to finish up stuff I couldn't on it. Only cost me $250.

Since owning a cummins, I haven't been in a repair shop except for tires and oil changes.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Fixed it for you.

It's the first time in my life I have owned a brand new truck. Man people really get butt hurt when a guy has worked really hard to be able to buy a new truck and fix it up to what he's always wanted. It'll be paid off in 5 years. I don't even owe any money on the parts I put on it. Bumpers were paid for with cash, winch, tires, wheels, delete.

My last Ram was used. It never had an issue other than an SCR Cat replaced under warranty. Started off at 13K miles and ended up at 78K miles. Traded it in for more than I owed and got a new truck for $100 more a month.

My first diesel, and at the time I didn't know much about diesels and didn't have a ton of money, was decent. But left me with a bad taste in my mouth. At the end of ownership, I couldn't trust it anymore, the engine was not as reliable at 225K as it was at 190K. Things kept breaking so it got sold.

I have a bit of experience I'd say. Baker's did a great job, and I like their service. They seem honest and know what they are doing.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm not "butt hurt" in the least.
I don't care what you drive, how much it cost or how you paid for it. It's your life man.
What I don't get is that you have to add shit like "since owning a Cummins" .

I have a little bit of experience with diesels too. I've completely rebuilt a modern diesel engine and have owned more than half a dozen of different makes and models, albeit mostly Fords, on top of doing maintenance on several trucks for friends and family.
To compare, as you did, a Cummins with 20k or even 78k miles on it to your Ford with 200k miles on it, is just silly. I could have added that my fathers 17' Powerstroke doesn't need injectors like this dirtymax, but that is juvenile, unrelated and adds nothing to the conversation.

You could have just added your experience with Bakers and you would have contributed to the info requested. Instead you constantly feel the need to bag on something in every post. I just don't get it. Don't you have a Facebook account?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I did it because it's the truth. I haven't had to have anything fixed. If you feel that its offending you, maybe you should fill out a butthurt form.

My Ford became a pile of crap, no amount of smart money would fix it. I'll comment about it all day long if you want to hear about the stories. I left it on the driveway broken for 6 months because I was so pissed off. So being able to hop in something and it works like it should everytime, hell yes I'll talk about it. I've never been left stranded in a 4th Gen Ram yet. Didn't matter the amount of miles.

I traded mine in at 78K miles because I could afford a brand new one. There wasn't a single problem with it. Never left me stranded or stuck anywhere.

I have attached a form for you.

5ad12b64e8561e9add1b4e96e3671dd6.jpg

neagtea

Supporting Member
Bakers Diesel injection (OGDEN) treated me really good when I had a Ford Powerstroke 6.0L. They did a bunch of stuff to finish up stuff I couldn't on it. Only cost me $250.

Since owning a cummins, I haven't been in a repair shop except for tires and oil changes.
I bought a new turbo from them for my cummins couple years ago

BruteForce

Gilette Diesel in Bluffdale. I'm now pushing ~800HP/1400TQ in my Ram 3500 and now at 230k miles of hard driving and heavy towing! (43' 5th wheel Toy Hauler)

Turbo, FASS150 fuel system, injectors, air-to-air (intercooler), RevMax (all billet) transmission) and many more hard and expensive parts.

Last edited: