directions to rattlesnake trail head

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So as long as it isn't raining, I'm planning on making it out there tomorrow.

Do you just take the Lehi exit (like you'r egoing to mini moab) and head west--past redwood road? Where is the parking lot/trail head?

Thanks

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok I get off the freeway at bangerter.

head west on Bangertor until you get to redwood, then head south on Redwood until you hit 73, the major intersection after the base.

then head west on 73 and go through the two tiny towns and curve around back to the west. the towns are cedar fort and fairfield, they are small so just blow right through.

as you go west again you hit 5-mile pass, it is a big trail-ridden area on the north side of the road that extends across the road to the south, go past that.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=4453900&e=400141&s=200&size=m
the red X is the play area.

now from there to rattlesnake....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok to get to rattlesnake, you go past 5-mile and keep with the highway until it curves back to the north. you will see a dirt road turn off about a mile past 5-mile.

there is a large wooden two post bulletin board style sign. that is the parking area. Most everyone drops their trialers there so that is theoffload point.

now to find rattlesnake...this is the tricky part, the road heads back east towards the hills, you want to take this road until it forks to the north. take the north fork to the next canyon north, that is rattlesnake. there are a lot of twisty dirt mounds and such at the entrance, then a couple ledges further in.

We really need to make an impromptu signpost system....something we know about that is not visualy distracting from the scenery....maybe I will tape yellow or baby blue duct tape on some tree branches for the turns....

you will find it, you guys found lower heldorado....and that was a pain in the ass....rattlensnake feels about the same in difficulty of location.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Spence you will save a little time and mileage by leaving out the Bangerter/ Redwood route and just staying on I15 and exiting in Lehi

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok I am heading out in about 30 minutes...it is 2pm right now...anyone wanna get a hold of me gimme a jingle at 791-0377

terrymac

I did my mountain bike race, finished up around noon, packed up at hit the trail about 12:30. I went up to the squeeze twice, looped around and dropped down from the top (at least I was able to do the upper falls) went back up again and bagged it. Hooked up about 3:00 and headed home. Sounds like Spence was a little behind schedule and I never saw Portrnrzuk either. Hope you guys have a great time. I'll read about it while I'm in Chicago next week.

terrymac

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ya, me and bobdog didn't get out there until about 4 or so. sorry we missed you. we have to hook up so I can show you how to drive over medium sized rocks...;) your zuk has potential you haven't even experienced yet:D

terrymac

Originally posted by spencurai
ya, me and bobdog didn't get out there until about 4 or so. sorry we missed you. we have to hook up so I can show you how to drive over medium sized rocks...;) your zuk has potential you haven't even experienced yet:D

Pics?