DirecTV SWM LNB

Caleb

I need to get a DirecTV compatible SWM LNB for my trailer. Preferably an SL3, but I'll entertain anything if the price is right. I've already got a slimline dish, so I really only need the LNB. Let me know if you have anything laying around.

Thanks

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Which slimline? The large one with the large wide LNB?

33-10410.jpg

or the older smaller LNB

5L15E55Jd3Ea3L73Fac6p6dd35bf1b3851a32.jpg

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I might have one around but I would have to stop off at the storage and see. I know when I was doing Dish I had a ton of them around but since I haven't done that in over a year I don't know what I have anymore. I'm supposed to work down in near where I have everything on Saturday I will take a look and see what's there.

Caleb

I would be interested in one also with a dish.

If you want non-SWM, I've got a new LNB (no dish though). If you want it, it's yours. I ended up buying a SWM one off amazon so I could have it up and going by this weekend.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
I know nothing about these things. How do you get satellite in the middle of nowhere? Is there a monthly fee or use fee or what? How much is all the hardware and how many channels can you get?

Caleb

I know nothing about these things. How do you get satellite in the middle of nowhere? Is there a monthly fee or use fee or what? How much is all the hardware and how many channels can you get?

Same way you get it at your house :D As long as you have a clear view of the southern sky, you can receive a signal. Then you just setup the same stuff you have at your house. I use one of my HD receivers, bought a new SWM LNB (SWM makes it so you only need a single wire from the dish and can have satellite on up to 8 receivers), threw that LNB on a slimline DirecTV dish I already had from a previous install, added a 4 way SWM splitter and some 75 ohm terminators for the unused ports on the splitter and now I have service anywhere I have power and a view of the sky :D In all I'm in to this setup for $84 and that was only reusing the dish everything else was bought new. A lot of the parts you can find free or cheap used if you're patient or know an installer.

I'm using Directv, Dish is the exact same way. You can also pay ~$800 and get a dish that will auto align once you power it up. I was tempted (and still am in the future) but the problem is you can't get HD or can only get it on one TV.

Caleb

Nothing additional, as long as you have it at your house. The only thing extra you may have to pay is the extra $5-$10 a month for additional receivers. If you use the receiver you've already got, then you're set.

Cascadia

Undecided
Sweet. Camping could be better than I thought. I'd actually only use it to watch games though probably. That could save me from a lot of hours sitting with the in laws.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Ya sorry about that Caleb.. I didn't make it down to my storage till yesterday and actually had two of the ones you wanted. Though they are used so you are probably better off with the new one.

and don't forget it helps to have a signal meter for pointing the dish in the middle of no where.
Signal meters

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
If you are going to be doing all of the installation yourself it's pretty much the only way to get the dish pointed properly. If you are going to have Direct come out they will have everything that is needed.