Discount Tire Price Match Policy

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yeah, I have. The story is that they will match the price, then tack in Road Hazard (They charge ALOT for that one), Mounting & Balancing, Disposal Fee & a few other things automatically, then you pay the final sum. Usually it's a semi-fair deal, but not great as it initially looks.

Good luck!

Caleb

most other shops will match prices too...I have had Big O and 4wpw match prices from online or mag ads...neither one of them added road haz...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
supergper said:
most other shops will match prices too...I have had Big O and 4wpw match prices from online or mag ads...neither one of them added road haz...

Don't forget, if they don't stock the tire you want they will apply a shipping fee.

Discount has been good for me.
And so has 4WPW.

Caleb

Shawn said:
Don't forget, if they don't stock the tire you want they will apply a shipping fee.

Discount has been good for me.
And so has 4WPW.

Yeah, Big O has never done that to me but 4wpw tried to but I straightened that out:D

troutbum

cubi-kill
Here is what I don't get, why give money to people who will screw you unless you make them give you a good price??? Tire rack got my money for just that reason, I had them at my door within a week. Plus my money went to the vendor giving the best prices, sure 4WPW would have matched, but they did not go out of their way to get my business.... So screw 'em

Caleb

troutbum said:
Here is what I don't get, why give money to people who will screw you unless you make them give you a good price??? Tire rack got my money for just that reason, I had them at my door within a week. Plus my money went to the vendor giving the best prices, sure 4WPW would have matched, but they did not go out of their way to get my business.... So screw 'em

yeah, I kinda think the same way BUT with tires shipping can screw a good deal very easily...

troutbum

cubi-kill
supergper said:
yeah, I kinda think the same way BUT with tires shipping can screw a good deal very easily...

I think it was $80.00 shipping for 37x12.5x17 MTRs...guess when you drop a grand on rubber 80 is a drop in the bucket. Still 4wpw can bite me -_-

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
troutbum said:

I have always been happy with the service and usually the prices at discount. I bought a set of tires from FWPW once and the service was so bad I will never buy anything from them ever again. (called on the phone got price was told to come on in and get my tires only to find out they wanted me to pay then and wait for a week for the tires to come in as they did not have them in. As I walked out the door after telling them to screw it they suddenly found some. 3 hours later to mount them I was finnally on my way and I only saved $20 from what Discount quoted).

Anyway, I called around and the tires I wanted were the cheapest at Cosco. I went to Discount and they not only matched but gave me an additional $5 off each tire.

ALF

SURE!?
bobdog said:
I have always been happy with the service and usually the prices at discount. I bought a set of tires from FWPW once and the service was so bad I will never buy anything from them ever again. (called on the phone got price was told to come on in and get my tires only to find out they wanted me to pay then and wait for a week for the tires to come in as they did not have them in. As I walked out the door after telling them to screw it they suddenly found some. 3 hours later to mount them I was finnally on my way and I only saved $20 from what Discount quoted).

Anyway, I called around and the tires I wanted were the cheapest at Cosco. I went to Discount and they not only matched but gave me an additional $5 off each tire.
4wpw wanted you to pay up front :ugh: They have never asked me to do that in fact my exhaust is on order right now and I haven't paid a dime yet.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
alf4444 said:
4wpw wanted you to pay up front :ugh: They have never asked me to do that in fact my exhaust is on order right now and I haven't paid a dime yet.

I has been a while. I am not absolutely sure that I would have had to pay them up front or if I just had to order them and then wait a week for them to get them in. The point was that they told me on the phone they had them and to come in and get them. I live a pretty long way from them. They should have told me they had to order them and let me do it over the phone. Then to top it off they were lying to me and really did have the tires right there. They said that they were some that someone else had ordered in and they would just make him wait longer.

Good luck with your order, and if you have them instal it good luck with that.

ALF

SURE!?
bobdog said:
I has been a while. I am not absolutely sure that I would have had to pay them up front or if I just had to order them and then wait a week for them to get them in. The point was that they told me on the phone they had them and to come in and get them. I live a pretty long way from them. They should have told me they had to order them and let me do it over the phone. Then to top it off they were lying to me and really did have the tires right there. They said that they were some that someone else had ordered in and they would just make him wait longer.

Good luck with your order, and if you have them instal it good luck with that.
I'm installing it myself. :D