Disposing Boat with no Title???

gatchmo5710

Was given a boat to work on a year ago since im the family mechanic... "Hard Startin" i was told. An hour later and i had a Squawk list a mile long including a cracked block and the transom was entirely rotten. 5-10k into a boat that worth 2k wasnt gonna happen. Title is in grandparents name and they are not interested in anything to do with it.

Has anyone taken a boat to the county dump? Can i have them drag it off and keep the trailer? Do i need a title or something? Easier to donate to someone(school, boat yard)?

(Update)Landfill is fighting me. They want last registration, bill of sale, ID of previous and current "owners", and want drivetrain removed. They also said if it looks "nice" they wont take it...???? WTF

Does anyone have 100 lbs of tannerite? I can provide beer?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
post it in the free section of the classified section of KSL. I got rid a boat with no title that way.

gatchmo5710

post it in the free section of the classified section of KSL. I got rid a boat with no title that way.

Doing this next. Hate dealing with the free crowd though especially in my back yard.

Im contacting some charities but most require a title to donate.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Doing this next. Hate dealing with the free crowd though especially in my back yard.

Im contacting some charities but most require a title to donate.

Yeah, the free crowd will probably want you to deliver it 200 miles :)
I think I actually listed it for a few bucks and some guy came and got it for the trailer. I got rid of a different free boat on RME too :)

Houndoc

If you know who has the title, why not just get that taken care of and then sell or donate it? Probably quickest solution.

gatchmo5710

If you know who has the title, why not just get that taken care of and then sell or donate it? Probably quickest solution.

I tried and 3 years later and no title so ive given up. I guess they want nothing to do with. I just registered a bike for the first time with a only a Cert of Origin and it took the DMV a year. Also they charge you fees for title and reg.

Set it free on Utah Lake.

Maybe take it down the colorado river? whereever i end it ends!

gatchmo5710

Todays the best day of my life.

I received multiple death threats but at least its gone. Cannot believe how people treat me because someone took the boat first. I even kept only 2-3 people actively looking at it, and let everyone know there were others on their way.

Thanks for the help!

The_Lobbster

I’ve had that happen before. Can’t believe how butt hurt people get because they didn’t get the free item.