Divorcing my jeans.... Levi's sucks. Moving on

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've worn Levi's since the '70s. With the decrease in quality over time and the FREAKSHOW anti-2nd Amendment CEO Levi's has now, I can't wear Levi's any longer. I had planned on just running through my last few pairs but had a little pen-in-the-washer incident yesterday that requires me to update my wardrobe.

So that brings me to what brands? Wrangler seems to have an anti-2nd Amendment stance (at least their parent company does-- Reliability/accuracy of said website is totally unknown to me). I have some Duluth Trading "ball-room" and they're OK but not much better quality, if any better, than Levi's.

Since others are "anti", I guess I need to find "pro" 2nd companies to support. What are people's observations with jeans as I'm abandoning my 40+ year relationship with Levi's?

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've had a hard time finding good jeans, used to be a Silvertab wearer.... but they're long gone. I found a Wrangler cut and style that I love, actually just ordered 4 pair. I wished they lasted longer, seem to go thru a pair every couple years. They're the 'Men's Wrangler 20X No. 33 Extreme Relaxed Fit Jean' - https://www.wrangler.com/shop/Produ...&utm_source=system&utm_campaign=order_shipped

YMMV on the cut and fit, but I like them.

Tebbsjeep

How do you get a pair of jeans to last a couple years? I have to buy new jeans about every six months. I do have a healthy pile of "only wear at home or camping jeans" though.

RockChucker

I like Ariat jeans. Discovered them at CalRanch. Still have the original 2 pairs I bought at least 5 years ago. Much thicker denim. I have purchased another few pairs as I have seen deals.

Trate D

Not jeans, but I really like my off the grid surplus pants. I haven’t wore a pair of jeans since I got them. I always wait till the have a sale or promo and get more. They also support off-roading and 2A.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
How do you get a pair of jeans to last a couple years? I have to buy new jeans about every six months. I do have a healthy pile of "only wear at home or camping jeans" though.

By wearing shorts anytime the temps are over 40*'s... and I wear Dickies work pants at work, so that's even less time that I'm wearing my jeans.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yep same here. I'm on my last round of levi's that I'll likely ever buy. I've been keeping my eyes out for a good alternative that doesn't try to tell you how to live your life.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I dropped Levis a while ago when they stopped making actual jeans and started making fashion statements. I don't even know if I have any jeans of any sort left in the closet, I mostly wear Carhartts now, they've got some softer-fabric khaki pants that are good for everyday wear and I really like their ripstop pants for working in. I think I have some Dickies and Riggs too, but Riggs is a Wrangler brand and if they're anti 2A too maybe I won't buy any more of those.

4x4_Welder

I wore Dickies carpenter jeans for years, they're not expensive, fit decently, and last reasonably well. I tried Wrangler Riggs, they are expensive, heavy, and would not stay up. They also make funny noises while walking, and do not last as long as they should. I had five pairs wear out over a four year stretch with regular use.
I'm trying the Dickies ripstop jeans now, they're lighter weight than the canvas pants, but I've only had them about a month so no real durability data yet but they fit nice.
I didn't see what Dickies 2a stance is, but they did make uniforms for WWII.

ID Bronco

Ariat Re-bar denims are my favorite, I had a 30 year love affair with Wrangler (since my rodeo days) but the triple stitched Ariats last longer than any others I have tried recently. I used to wear alot of 20x wranglers. They wear fast.

I am an old school pants guy. I love "levis" which means denim pants. They do it all for me.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I've had a hard time finding good jeans, used to be a Silvertab wearer.... but they're long gone. I found a Wrangler cut and style that I love, actually just ordered 4 pair. I wished they lasted longer, seem to go thru a pair every couple years. They're the 'Men's Wrangler 20X No. 33 Extreme Relaxed Fit Jean' - https://www.wrangler.com/shop/Produ...&utm_source=system&utm_campaign=order_shipped

YMMV on the cut and fit, but I like them.
Ariat Re-bar denims are my favorite, I had a 30 year love affair with Wrangler (since my rodeo days) but the triple stitched Ariats last longer than any others I have tried recently. I used to wear alot of 20x wranglers. They wear fast.

I am an old school pants guy. I love "levis" which means denim pants. They do it all for me.
I have a drawer full of Wrangler 20X and Ariart jeans. I have bigger thighs and finding comfortable jeans has always been a challenge. Both of these fit very well and are very comfortable. Durability is average to anything else but Carharts.........those are impossible to wear out.

Kevin B.

Big hippy

Urban star jeans from costco, $10/ea online. Had them for a few years, only jeans I'll buy. Stretchy jeans changed my life, unreal comfort. I beat the heck out of them and they hold up awesome. Know a bunch of construction dudes that only rock these bad boys as well.

I have a couple pairs of cargo shorts from this brand, very light and stretchy, I like them for mountain biking. I'll check out the jeans.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
I have been enjoying the Duluth Trading ballroom jeans and for a pant that feels like a jean the firehose flex pants

They are spendy but if you sign up for their email notifications they have them for 40% at least once a month.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm going to catch some shit here, but I've been buying the American Eagle jeans. They have like 4 cuts from super hipster lower-half-of-a-deep-V jeggings to fairly baggy...probably what most people would consider normal cut I guess...and they don't have particularly obnoxious patterns on the bow or stern or any sort of vape-inducing bedazzlements that SxS owners seem to prefer. I buy the 2nd loosest ones, which is still relatively tight to some people I guess but they are a bit more fitted for me so I like them. I think it's just called straight leg ...anyway they are made out of some sort of space age stretchy material so they are really comfortable and easy to move around in even if your daily holds the potential for a spontaneous Cossak dance. Let's not confuse them for heavy denim that can take an ass kicking, but all I do is haul bags of grain and look pretty so they work great for me.

At any rate, I usually find them for like 3 for $100 and I just wear them whenever. If they get particularly beat up, they down cycle to yard or camping pants. I'll also buy Volcom denim when I find a similar deal. It's a little heavier material but less stretchy. I tried buying some of the U-crotch Brett Favre jeans at Target to use for work and camping. They were heavier material, but super uncomfortable to move around in. I blew the crotch by overeating then trying to move fast like a bunny, so they got round filed.