Divorcing my jeans.... Levi's sucks. Moving on

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I ordered a pair of Off The Grid Surplus Trailblazer 3.1 Pants awhile ago and they finally came today... and I really like them. They feel heavy duty, without actually being too heavy. The elastic material is great for the, uhhh.... active people like me. Seems like they're built well with quality materials, stretch canvas, reinforced pocket corners, triple stitched, etc. I may have to order a pair of shorts and perhaps a 2nd pair of pants. Seems like they'll be perfect for working in and camping/exploring with.
I keep seeing those online but the price tag scares me when it's something I can't go see at a store somewhere. They look like they can fix my work pants problem. I practically do three different jobs and have to try my best to follow a dress code of looking nice for "front store clerk work" but also need something that'll last for "Warehouse and delivery" work. I've burned through 4 pairs of pants in the last year trying to find something that works, inculding a pair of Carhartt's.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I keep seeing those online but the price tag scares me when it's something I can't go see at a store somewhere. They look like they can fix my work pants problem. I practically do three different jobs and have to try my best to follow a dress code of looking nice for "front store clerk work" but also need something that'll last for "Warehouse and delivery" work. I've burned through 4 pairs of pants in the last year trying to find something that works, inculding a pair of Carhartt's.

I hear you, I dislike buying online w/o trying clothes on... but figured if these didn't fit, I'd deal with returning them. BUT, I'm happy. The price point is up there, but I think the quality justifies the cost. I bet for your needs, they'd be great.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Greg, do you feel like their sizing is true? I wear a 34x34 in Levi’s but in others I find myself in a 36 because there run small. I’m thinking about trying to order a pair

Greg

Admin
Greg, do you feel like their sizing is true? I wear a 34x34 in Levi’s but in others I find myself in a 36 because there run small. I’m thinking about trying to order a pair

It seems like they're right on... they fit just a bit loose around the waist before I washed them, but fit perfectly after washing.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Ordering a pair of those off the grid shorts now. If they fit well I'll probably get some pants.

edit: added a shirt and was pretty tempted at a pair of gloves since its so hard to find some that fit big hands anywhere. @Greg how long did shipping take?

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Ordering a pair of those off the grid shorts now. If they fit well I'll probably get some pants.

edit: added a shirt and was pretty tempted at a pair of gloves since its so hard to find some that fit big hands anywhere. @Greg how long did shipping take?

It took quite a while between when I ordered and when I received them, I would guess 6 weeks without looking back on my order.

J-mobzz

If anyone is interested Wrangler has these selvedge denim jeans on sale for $65. Super killer deal for selvedge denim. Just a heads up they run long because most people cuff them so like a 30 inseam will be more like a 34

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My shorts were delivered today so it only took about a week total. I need the next size smaller so they'll be heading back but it seems like they will be real comfortable. I ordered the size I typically buy and they were pretty big. I hope the next size down does the trick.
I had read a review that said the belt loops are in stupid positions and that there weren't enough and I agree. Especially for the big guy sizes.
The shirt I bought is real thin and I don't particularly care for the fit so I think I might send that back and perhaps add a pair of pants.