Dodge Track Bar Options

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Hey Guys,
I looks like I need to do some work on the ol track bar, its on my 99 dodge ctd 3/4 ton 4wd. The truck is my tow toy, therefore not lifted.

I have seen the thread on Lukes Links and I have heard good things about the 3rd gen. kit.

any recommendations?

Prefer to stay under $200 but willing to spend more if it is worth it.

thanks,

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm on my 3rd replacement track bar. (Napa lifetime warranty)

The next time it starts loosening up, I'm going to chop off the rod-end and fabricate something stronger and better for it. I'm tired of changing it every 7 months and I'm afraid that it's going to give out one of these days and cause more problems.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just get the Lukes Link, it's a fraction of the cost & is adjustable if the track bar does develop more play. I bought one for my old Dodge, but never put it on.

tv_larsen

The Lukes link is probably the cheapest solution, but I've heard of mixed results, most seem to love it, some just hated it.

I do believe the 3rd gen track bar is the best, and final, soultion. But it is possibly the most expensive at $160 just for the bracket, plus the cost of the track bar.
http://solidsteel.ca/Trackbar.htm

My CTD's trackbar is working loose so I'm debating on which to get also. If I can afford it, I'm getting the Solidsteel bracket.