Does RME have a furnace and AC replacement person?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I've learned a lot since buying our new to us sugarhouse home, especially after I did a complete gut. I've had to get into the furnace and ac wiring numerous times and everything works, but my central air is a little weak for the house and about 20 years old. Yes I've cleaned and checked both the condenser and evaporator. Now that we are running the ac finally for the last couple days, if the blower motor in the furnace is on for more then 3 hours it starts to get a shake and squeak. Looked up that part at 170 ish which isn't a big deal, but found that it is 24 years old and might be time to just swap out both? Any hookups or anything I should be looking at, for?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Zak is a good dude. I don't know his work but I'd trust him to be fair and do a good job.
Zak is a great friend of mine. He does HVAC for a living. He will usually get you a great deal on parts and labor unless he is swamped with side work. He replaced my furnace and AC 3 years ago. Still works great!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Thanks guys, I'm going to replace the blower motor then give him a call to check out the ac pressures etc

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
A couple things to think about, did your house have AC when it was built or has someone just added it in? is the unit properly sized? Most HVAC guys will throw in a larger than necessary unit thinking that they are doing you a favor and will make your house extra cold, when in reality a properly sized unit that has correct ducting and is efficient will run almost constantly but more efficiently, this reduces unit start and stop cycling and will save you money in energy and your unit will last longer.

I am not an HVAC guy, I am a builder that likes to research that type of stuff.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
It's a pretty small ac unit judging from the size, and about 18 or 20 years old. The furnance was made in 1994 so I'm sure in the next couple years we will look into replacing, but now isn't a good time