Dog Cemetery at Lookout Pass along the PET

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Just flipping through the outstanding Utah Place Names by John W. Van Cott while sitting on a conference call (only so many times do I need to hear about "updates" that don't apply to me), and on the entry for Lookout Pass along the Pony Express Trail it says their was/is a well defined dog cemetery that the original settlers had maintained.
Now this book was originally published 30 years ago, so things have changed, but I don't remember ever seeing such a thing at Lookout Pass. Has anyone else seen this? Just kinda an oddity that I wasn't aware of.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
As we came up on it, we began to get worried about what we would find.
o7Axdx0.jpg

Turns out Stephen King was nowhere in sight. Instead, we simply found this:
iUr2JDz.jpg

7ohHuMU.jpg

Off hand, I'd say Aunt Libby was way too creative when it came to choosing pet names. Oh, and I wonder how the two men and the child feel about being ignored due to the pets sharing their burial plot?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I started going there in the late 60’s to deer hunt, so we’d stop every time in. The story from the old timers then was Libby had killed everything buried there. If that’s true or old sheep herders bullshiting I don’t know. It’s on the south side of the trail, across from where the trees and camp sights are.