Dolores River crossing fail

Gawynz

I'm kinda shocked right now haha... :eek: So this post initially caught my eye because I grew up in the Southwest corner of Colorado and my family, friends, and I frequently rode dirt bikes or drove jeeps/trucks to and played around in/near the Dolores River. Imagine my surprise when I opened the link to find the Jeep that was responsible for getting my dad and subsequently myself/my family into offroading... @Herzog, remember the guy and his grandson that ran Poison Spider/Where Eagles Dare with us last year in the black and blue JKU during our 2018 Rocktober Crawl trip? He built that Scrambler back in ~2000 I think. After he built that jeep my dad built a very comparable CJ-7 and I have a lot of memories as a kid wheeling Moab with those two rigs. The guy who built that jeeps son was one of my best friends throughout high school and I spent a lot of time running around town in that vehicle. My buddies dad sold it several years back, no idea who owns it now. Guess if he wants it back now might be a good time to snag it at a discount haha. I can't tell from the video where that is exactly but it looks like it could be right outside my hometown; my brother still lives in that area and says that the river has been running like mad this year. Here's a couple shots I was able to find real quick of that CJ-8, my Dads CJ-7, and my Brother and I's YJ.

POR

Only way to make that video better would be if he was wearing a keystone light beer box cowboy hat

Houndoc

Hard thing with a river crossing is time of day matters- water levels change and of course a slightly different route changes depth as well.