DOM steering

astjp2

Who in the area has the ability to make me a drag link from DOM tubing:sick:? I want to tap 7/8x18 L&R ball joints directly into the tube with jam nuts....not weld in adapters:cool:. Thanks Tim

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I had Ben Hanks Racing build mine. They turned out very nice! They had them made within hours of calling them.

jsudar

FWIW, Ben Hanks used 1.25" x .281 wall DOM and had it done in less than 24 hours. Cost me $80 with tax and everything.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
The threaded inserts are a sweet idea if you want to save money and DIY. Why is it that is isn't more common? Is it because its generally a bad idea to weld on steering parts? Has anyone seen or heard of them failing?

I don't run them, I've just always wondered about them.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The threaded inserts are a sweet idea if you want to save money and DIY. Why is it that is isn't more common? Is it because its generally a bad idea to weld on steering parts? Has anyone seen or heard of them failing?

I don't run them, I've just always wondered about them.

You're still paying for labor. You're paying for someone to tap an insert instead of just tapping the tie rod directly for you. I think a directly tapped tie rod is a cleaner more professional execution, and the price is close to the same. That's why I had BHR build mine.