Shop / Tools DOM tube storage ideas

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What do you guys do to store your huge lengths of tubing out of the way in your shop? I would build a ground rack but my shop just isn't conducive to storing tube on a rack against a wall because of the structure. I could make it work, but I'd have to completely re-organize everything (which maybe I'll have to...?)

I've thought about a hanging rack of some sort but wanted to see if there were some out of the box ideas. I don't have a ton of tubing, probably 8 lengths. I just need to get it off the ground since I'm going to be using the atv to push snow soon and I don't want to rust it all out.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Mine just sits on top of my shelves. I'll bet I can find a pic that shows it in the background...

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
In the meantime, sit them on a 2x4 or 4x4 to get them off the ground.

My idea for more permanent storage would be sections of flat bar bolted to the wall, into studs, with 1 foot tubes welded to them at an angle.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Good ideas in here. I ended up doing something similar to the flower pic, minus the flower :D

It’s a steel building so I just used some old atv winch rope and hung the tube from the beam.

Thanks for the ideas!