I have the core A and B pillars and the body is fitted most of the way. I have been putting it together and fitting it over and over for the past 2 weeks so it's good to get that mostly done. I also mounted the the drivetrain but I may change the engine mounts to let the front 4 link get a little lower. I also started on the rear. If I can make it work I would like to be able to run a rear third seat. So right now that is determining my ride height.
I have been making some progress but mostly laying everything out. I also mocked up the rear, and patched a few holes in the floor and firewall. I also pulled the front axle. If anybody needs a set of scout 80 Axles let me know
I pulled out the tub and cleaned it up so I can put heat proofing on. I also want to paint the frame and weld the areas that are inaccessible with the tub on. It's nice to cut perfect tabs while you drink a Moscow mule
Jack Daniels Honey & Ginger Beer. Always use Crabbies Ginger Beer (alcoholic) over the non alcoholic ginger beer. Kind of an expensive drink since the Crabbies are around $3 a bottle but damn it tastes good.
When I had the tub out I sprayed the underneath with Lizard Skin ceramic coating. I have heard good things about it. Wheeling in the summer is tough when it's hot out and I am baking in my rig too. Hopefully this helps. I also want the wife to go and this should help her enjoy it better.
Then I put it back in, mocked up some seat mounts and started figuring out the rear.
I got the front and rear axles mocked into place. The front looks like it is going to clear everything. At full compression it is close to the exhaust so I might Clearance the exhaust a little. I had to mock up the rear completely. Cut the tubes, weld on the c's. I made it the same as the front. Then I am running the steering in front of the axle for protection, and so I can access the ring and pinion.