Drive lines on lifted scouts

BAD SCOUT

Toy scout wrote. on your rig how did you deal with the front drive line angle with a 4" lift and spring over? I'm thinking of doing the same on one of my scouts. I got axles from a burban 14 bolt rear 10 bolt front (I know the 10 bolts suck) the drive line angle on the front of my dayly driver with a sky jacker 4" SUA is bad so what did you hve to do to fix that with a SOA
[/quote]

After the spring over I didnt have a drive line installed for aver 6 months. But then I bought the 4 inch and decided to get it all done. I had to have my front knuckles turned to like -5 degreas from original 0 . So my steering would turn left and right instead of up and down,Fixing massive bump steer. That was the most expensive...But could be done for around 400.00
I had to buy the t cases cv adapters for around 75.00 a piece then have the driveline guy make me the H block drivelines, and he had to lower the t case like 2-3 inches. Now it works great.
So to have the 4x4 work (front xles turning) It cost like 700. in all. Front driveline, cv adaptor-front, lowering the t case and the knuckle rotation.

troutbum

cubi-kill
I think you hit new thread when you meant to reply?? Otherwise I don't get the quote.

anyway...
OUCH!

I could buy a lot of grinders and BFH's for 400.00. Cutting and turning is an afternoon in the driveway kinda thing