driveshaft lesson learned~~~~

bb88

New Title
I don't know exactly what this board's policy is about telling bad experiences w/ a specific business, but it's not a good idea to your drivelines where I did~~ask me for details and I'll tell :mad: :mad: :mad: (Greg,I'll understand if this post gets deleted)

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
just tell us where you got it from?!? we will understand!! dont worry about greg he is a nice guy just dont say that they are flaming homos with small penises and he will be ok with it.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
be spacific as to why also. I have a few rants for others. SLYCO has a bad attitude and is unopen to sugestions on his work. Buddie of mine needed a CV put into his driveline after he took it back twice for being out of ballance and the guy told him that CV's are junk and unneeded regardless of how much lift the truck has. He asked him to do it anyways and he refused. Same basic shpill for six states in SLC.

bb88

New Title
Tatton Drivelines on 45th south did them ~~~I twisted the rear one in two, never impacted,never even made it to a trail only had been on the 'kick a couple days~~Mr. Tatton told me failure was probably caused by too much horse power !!!! um~~ it's in a sidekick w/ a 1.6 MAYBE 95 HP (insert laugh here) he said he didn't know how to make them stronger ( friend suggested making them out of bean cans instead of beer cans) wanted to charge me $150 to TRY~~~called six states they said they would retube it ( with a lot stronger tube) for $100

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Call Tom Woods at 737-0757. he is the best. NO if ands or buts. He will do it right and tell him Matt Westrich sent you!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
we love it!!!! 95hp multiplied by what 150:1 crawl ratio.....;) lol rofmlao!!!!! that guy is a tard if he doesn't know how to make them stronger......thicker tube wow that took some serious research:confused: :D i would suggest that we all avoid beer can driveline man from now on!!! hey i thought i saw "Bud" under the paint on that picture you posted brett!!!:D :D :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by bb88
I don't know exactly what this board's policy is about telling bad experiences w/ a specific business, but it's not a good idea to your drivelines where I did~~ask me for details and I'll tell :mad: :mad: :mad: (Greg,I'll understand if this post gets deleted)

Heres how I feel- As long as everyone remembers that the people who work in shops are just as human as YOU are, then venting about problems if OK with me. Has anyone ever screwed up their rig by doing something dumb? Of course...... Sh*t happens. What I don't want to hear is random complaining, especially towards a local shop/person. I try to support the local scene, shops, clubs, assocations etc. Lets not tick off the folks we may run into on the trail, you may be in need of help from them, some day.

No worries about this post being deleted.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Not to mention, the local shops are on this board too. I've been known to hack out a driveline myself for temp purpose, beer or been cans don't work. Six States will help you, even if you want to do something stupid.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
dont we all love six states and their indifference!! dont you think they would have a book telling them what size u-bolts go on what at least!!??!! nooooo so if you dick up your measurements in their parking lot, you eat the bolts.......i got a full set in my garage collecting dust!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: but when you give them the right measurements all is well so i guess i cant blame them but myself only!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: other than that they are pretty decent.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Personally, I would like to hear the good and the bad with the local shops. I could have save quite a bit of Time and Money if I knew now back then whatI know now.

But,,, I do agree if you are going to vent, it needs to be fair. Is it in fact the shops falt? Or was it a misscomunication problem between the both of you.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ahhh wise words dan-yo-san you have properly described the yin and the yang..........the need for balance in all things.......

now go wax my car before i kick yo ass!!!!!:D :D :D :D

bb88

New Title
I like to think that I'm not that hard to get along with...I just think Curtis (from Tatton's) could have made some effort to satisfy the customer (me) it just seemed like he wanted me to give him more money to TRY to make it stronger.... I know drivelines get destroyed on a regular basis but there was no reason for this one to fail so soon... the driveline is at six states getting retubed, should be done tomorrow

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
take a pic of that sucker so we can see if it looks tougher. it is disappointing that not all companies can have the same customer service as super dale at totally awesome computers:confused: :eek: :) :D i have heard they bend over backwards to make you happy. my friends all go there for computer help now instead of me because i tell them to piss off:D :D i am not very good at customer service!! just ask greg about the time on our missions when i accidently let loose some ladies massive 200lb great pyrenes and she had to go chase him down and she was like pregnant or something and i dont honestly remember saying sorry.......greg was pissed at me and i was like "big deal" cuz i was emberrased. i am not very good at customer service.......wow those super glue fumes are getting to me..........................................................
.:eek: :eek: :eek:

bb88

New Title
I got the driveline back from six states today, they made it from .095 tube instead of the .030 Tatton's used, it should last longer (not hard to beat 2 days)

Spence did I tell you how nice it is to have you on this BB ??
I didn't ??
HuuuummMMM
just F____n' witt ya~~your posts are always interesting

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
what kind of warranty does 6-states give ya? if they give you any kinda warranty i suggest getting the rear wheels behind a nice big rock and hit it is 1-double-low and see what happens!! when you do let me know cuz i got a DV-cam and i would like to get video of a driveline getting twisted if you can di it to that one. .........probably wont break now but it would be cool to try if your butt is covered with warranty!!!