Drum brakes and fluid in the cylinder boot

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Oldest is doing the brakes on his mom's '99 4Runner. He managed to nick one of the boots on the brake cylinder and now it's leaking. He gets to learn how to replace a cylinder now which he's very very excited about (that's a lie), but I'm curious, is there supposed to be fluid floating around inside those boots or has the cylinder been leaking for a bit?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Use Japanese if possible, we hear/see a ton of weeping boots on the many Chinese/Mexico aftermarket cylinders on the market. They weep enough to fill the boot and eventually saturate shoes. I may have some kicking around from a Prado if you can't find em.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Use Japanese if possible, we hear/see a ton of weeping boots on the many Chinese/Mexico aftermarket cylinders on the market. They weep enough to fill the boot and eventually saturate shoes. I may have some kicking around from a Prado if you can't find em.
I sent him down to Autozone to grab a pair of whatevers because we don't have time to mail order, but if you've got Aisins I'll gladly buy them from you. Should I call you tomorrow?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I sent him down to Autozone to grab a pair of whatevers because we don't have time to mail order, but if you've got Aisins I'll gladly buy them from you. Should I call you tomorrow?

Shoot an email tonight if you can, I'll have the guys peek first thing tomorrow. I'm 97% sure the Prado ones are the exact same part number as 4Runner and others so we should have AISIN for ~$30?