Dual purpose rig

P

pokeyYJ

Has anybody toyed with the idea of a dual purpose rig. By dual purpose I mean one that can take moderate trails but also pull respectable times at the drags. I know a couple of guys that have their diesels running low 14's, but they are all chevs and have the IFS. How about a Toy, you could swap in a supra motor and put it in the gas or tubro it. That way you could take some tough trails and the motor still puts out respectable numbers. Swap the mudders out for some short drag radials and have fun!;)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Sorry but Why??

I built my motor for Torque not high end HP. I would not want to try and drive a high end motor throught the rocks. Trying to keep it running would be a chore.

P

pokeyYJ

I'll tell you why, so that when you pull up to the stop light and look over at the punk in his tricked out Civic, you know the one with the three stage indy style fin (because he is always going that fast;) ) and the five inch fart pipe and the light up widshield washers, you can leave him in the dust. I just think that it would be so fun to waste a punk in his rice rocket, all the while have my truck sitting on 35's and mud covering every inch of it.:D

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
"their diesels running low 14's,"

WHAT? thats pretty damn fast like a 0-60 in 6-7 seconds, I think My tracker is like a 1/4 at 16.6 or something with 0-60 at around 8-9.

Are you sure they run 14's? thats REALLY quick slightly moderated vehicle. What kind of rigs are these?

I know people with Cavaliers with 2.4 Noxed engines who run 14's and thats pretty quick, maybe im wrong here but 14's 1/4 is prety decent.

A fully turboed Import with all the nice stuff is around 10 seconds, with a 0-60 at around 5, 14 is pretty dam nice id say.

P

pokeyYJ

Visions of melting MTR's dance through my head, lots of smoke!!!:D

P

pokeyYJ

The one truck that is runnning 14's is a 2002 Chev Duramax, with a chip exhaust, propane and future plans call for NOS!!. The other guy has a 2002 Powerstroke with lots of stuff done, twin turbos and 6 inch exhaust for starters, propane and nos, all the goods but he hasn't ever been down the strip. As for the imports 14's is ok for an import but if you took a stock LS1 camaro down the strip it would pull low 14's or high 13's. All these times are for our elevation. So 14's are pretty average for a muscle car and 14's are definatly fast for a truck. Tire fryin' fun:D

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Originally posted by pokeyYJ
The one truck that is runnning 14's is a 2002 Chev Duramax, with a chip exhaust, propane and future plans call for NOS!!. The other guy has a 2002 Powerstroke with lots of stuff done, twin turbos and 6 inch exhaust for starters, propane and nos, all the goods but he hasn't ever been down the strip. As for the imports 14's is ok for an import but if you took a stock LS1 camaro down the strip it would pull low 14's or high 13's. All these times are for our elevation. So 14's are pretty average for a muscle car and 14's are definatly fast for a truck. Tire fryin' fun:D
'

WOW sounds like a TON of truck!!!!!!!!!!!

6 inch exhaust???????????? wow

demon jeep

Banned
I know what you are talking about pokey, I have been toying with the idea of putting a viper v10 in my jeep just for giggles, but as I got thinking a wheely bar on a TJ is realy ugly. but it would be fun to smoke some road magets (rice buners or anything else that sits lower than my valve stems)

P

pokeyYJ

Yeah they are big trucks, I love diesels, big black clouds of smoke are bad A**

sukaB

Banned
My truck is a dual purpose rig....
I can get it up Helldorado (upper) take it to the strip-kick those punks a**es, Or tow my yin yang off baby........
Who's yo daddy.....Aint runnin no fag pane.......

P

pokeyYJ

Yeah the look on their faces at the next light would be unforgettable