Dual Sport Ride Anyone?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Anyone up for a quick ride Saturday morning? I like to leave early and be home before noon, if I can. I'm a new rider, so not the fastest or most hardcore.....

I'd be up for Butterfield Canyon, AF Canyon or anything you suggest. We could meet up around 7 or 8am and play for a few hours.

Caleb

I may be interested. That is if I can get my oil changed Friday night. (I don't fly in until 8:30 Friday night).

A fun ride that will give you a little challenge (there's a smaller rock garden type section) but overall a great ride is to head up Israel Canyon, up over Lake Mountain and down the backside, then you can either head out to Redwood via Soldiers Pass to the south, or head to the north and head out to Eagle Mountain and then out to the crossroads. From my house in Riverton, up over Lake Mountain, through Eagle Mountain and back to my house, it's almost exactly 60 miles. I did this ride on my Husky, have yet to do it on me new bike.

Caleb

...or, from Eagle mountain you could continue around 5 Mile Pass, head through Stockton and Tooele, and then go up middle canyon and come out through Butterfields. That would give you a few miles and some good riding :)

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Either one of those sounds good to me, if I'm not getting in over my head.... only one way to find out.

Caleb

It's mostly graded dirt road. Like I said, there's one small section that is sorta rock gardenish that's right before the top, but not bad. I made it on my Husky and that was on my second ride ever, I believe. Also, Israel can get ruts up the road, but usually by this late in the season, they have been mostly worked out. Even when there are ruts, it's still very easy on a bike though.

When you get to the top of Israel, there's quite a few dirt roads to explore up there. Also some good areas to shoot guns. You can also head up by the radio towers if that's your thing. It's a good ride.