Dual Stage vs Single Stage Airbags

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So this is related to my upcoming engine swap on my LJ, but I thought I’d start a new thread to keep this a bit separate.
The bottom line here is I need more wires going to my steering wheel for my new steering wheel switches. Four more wires to exact. This means I need a different clockspring. I have yet to come across a clockspring with enough circuits that was for a single stage airbag. My LJ uses a single stage airbag.
So correct me if I’m wrong but I think I can just wire up one of the stages of a dual stage clockspring and be done. As long as the airbag signal can still reach the bag it shouldn’t matter. The two LJ airbag wires in the steering column will wire into the new clockspring then I’ll have to cut the corresponding airbag connector off and wire the LJ airbag connector in. Plug it in and I’m done.
The LJ airbag module sends some sort of voltage signal to the airbag to deploy, right? So as long as that can still happen the clockspring being used doesn’t matter? I can verify the resistance in the circuit is the same. Should be good at that point.
Anyone have a problem with this?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Come on! If anything the airbag would just not work. It’s not going to set itself off.

Having said that, I did start the jeep from the passenger seat last weekend when I took the steering wheel off to check out the clockspring, after putting it all back together.