Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
The stock exhaust is super heavy with a giant catalytic converter that does this air cooled bike no favors. So I picked up a carbon fiber Akropovic knock off and a mid pipe from a ZX400 (since it was shaped similar) did a very slight modification and using a KTM exhaust hanger was able to get it to fit up just how I wanted.

20220406_151424.jpg

I probably lost 10+ lb and according to the non scientific decibel meter app - only picked up a very very slight increase in volume (with the sound damper cap in).

I think it sounds lots better, what do you guys think?

Really the best part is that having a cat on an air-cooled bike makes them run really hot and generally a bit too lean for my liking so deleting the cat on my other bike actually help me pick up a few MPGs and made it run much cooler. I'm hoping to see the same on this bike since it's essentially the same machine just longer suspension than the Scrambler Classic.

20220410_110306.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So my wife and I ran into town to go to supercross on our Scramblers Saturday.
So great. Got to park up close.

Then she got to do her first lane filtering through downtown traffic and we got out of there in 1/3 of the time. So proud. It's a little intimidating the first time especially if people saddle up close to the line.

I don't think she would have the confidence to lane filter without comms so that I could reassure her.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Did another 225 ish miles today up to Wyoming for work.
20220810_132113.jpg
20220810_132235.jpg
It was nice and overcast and high 70°s up through the canyons and very nice in WY. I can see why people like it up there in the summer.
However, the way back down the 89 was brutal. 100°+ on the asphalt ugh.
43 mpg up and 52 down.
I hand calculated so I'm not sure why the discrepancy?

Anyway I'm super stoked I finally got my culinary water hooked up, but I'm not stoked on the bill....
20220810_145255.jpg
The excavation company billed me $1165 for 5' of trench with a 55 yanmar mini ex (from the previously installed blue water meter lid here) 5' of 3/4" pipe and a $165 yard hydrant...
Gonna have to call them about that...
Perhaps I'm ignorant and maybe those with excavation experience can enlighten me if this is a fair price?
@STAG ?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Thats such a good liking bike. 🤤

Gracias Amigo.

I'll take this one too when you're ready to sell it. Navi should show up tomorrow morning.

I threatened to sell my wife's Ducati Scrambler Classic this summer if she doesn't start putting some more miles on it.

Hope your daughter loves the Navi! It put a smile on my face everytime I rode that little thing.

Did a new LED headlight since the stock incandescent is about as good as a candle in a mason jar.

Before
20230526_142535.jpg
After
20230526_151718.jpg

Before
20230526_142538.jpg
After
20230526_151726.jpg

Oil change, filter and some new wrap around handguards. I was kinda against the handguards at first but now that they're on I kinda dig them. I've got some grip heaters too I may stick on later- if I get some free time.
Getting ready for some rides this spring!
20230526_153846.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Good to chat with you for a bit today! Better watch that fuel gauge a little more carefully going forward 😂

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So Ducati has a few quirks. One of which is the rear brake switch: it's a normally open momentary switch the breaks easily.
I've broken two.
20230915_145213.jpg
So I wired up a Brembo style pressure switch which is what every Japanese bike in the universe has.
20230915_145220.jpg

Then the other thing is it has pretty crummy turning radius for a dirt bike... pretty normal for a street bike. I'm not sure why because it doesn't have radiators for the steering to hit so I did some grinding and got about 5° more turning in both directions.
20230915_131030.jpg
20230915_133851.jpg

The die grinder makes lots of AL dust.
20230915_132537.jpg