Dumb d35

demon jeep

Banned
I know how bad the 35 is but here is a question how does a person with a 318 in there ZJ with a d35 and ARB not brake it even with wheel hop and then another TJ with a detriot wheeling out to Rattle snake trying every hard line with full throttle not brake and mine with a lock right brake twice in a week ( yes I took it out after) I have 3:07 gears and a auto and I think the other were 4:10 and 4:56 i think. I runn a 33" tire and I us very little throttle. My 92 YJ I ran 35s on it for about a year and never had a problem un till i put 2 D44 on and then I know why.VROOOOOOOOM Is the arb and the detroit that much better or do I need to hurry and get my 8.8 whitch Im getting soon but just need to know.

P

pokeyYJ

Maybe it is because you are running Swampers and they just have too much traction, also you mentioned something about the housing being screwed up. I have often woundered how Jeep got away with putting the 35 on the Grands with V-8's, how those guys aren't constantly breaking is beyond me. I had a friend that destroyed his spider gears on his open diff 35 while trying to do a burn out on the wet street. He was running 33 BFG AT's and man did that ever make a loud sound. So $400 later he had another open diff from the Jeep dealer and a new axle because the spider gear took a part of the axle with it. I have often wondered how you can even run 33's without breakage, I worry about mine and I only have 31's.

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
He broke in an easy spot too. He was hardly on the gas. It just snapped. And it was twice in the same week cuz I trailered him home both times! Maybe his housing is bent a little bit?