Jeep dumb moves...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
So I have been bench racing with Maverik on how to build my CJ7... I decided on going with an AMC 360 with an auto trans mated up with my dana300. Then getting some waggy axles seeing I never plan on going over 37 inch tires...

Well today I bought a trans and the axles from a 90 grand wagoneer that is in a salvage yard in Rigby Idaho... afterwards I started my research and found that the axles are driver drop while the dana300 is passenger drop. So I might have a dana 44 front axle for sale or in need of a new transfer case that has driver drop.

So tell me what transfer case would work or what you would do to fix this trouble....

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I would do something crazy like buy a Chevy full width Dana 44 and cut it down to a
Waggy axle width. But I'm crazy and I get a kick out of narrowing axle housings.
I have neither the tools nor the knowledge base to do this but id pay you to do it for me!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Flip the d300 and use the front half of a 231 for a doubler. That's what I did in my one ton TJ. Works a treat. Double lip seals on the shift rails and move the breather to the other side.
Just remember the output is quite narrow compared to the input so you may have to clock it down to clear stuff with a V8.