Eagle

muleskinner

Driving back to Beaver from the job site today, I spotted this off the side of the road. I drove down the road a ways and got my camera out. I've tried to get other Eagle pics in the last couple months, but they fly away too soon.

Last week I saw a Bald Eagle eating on a dead horse but I spooked it too soon to get a photo.

Not the best, they were taken from my truck while I was driving.

Eagle1.jpg

Eagle2.jpg

Eagle3.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That's awesome, man. Great pics shot while driving!! if you ask me.

When I was a kid all I really wanted to see eagles, but we didn't really have any in my part of NY... I was STOKED to see them out here. Awesome!

muleskinner

Thanks for the comments. I see about 4-5 of these a day out where I work, but they are usually sitting on a power pole. I really puts the size into perspective when they are on a deer like that. (Talons too)

Amy, I used my 70-200mm f/2.8L lens. I set my camera exposure after I turned around, then set the camera to shoot 10fps then just held the shutter button down as I went past it:D

STAG

On my grind
Those talons are incredible. Its legs are a lot longer than I'd expected. I wanted to crack some sort of Napoleon Dynamite joke (the "do chickens have large talons?" joke.)

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Did you ever see the group of bald eagles that were in the trees toward the end of West Pages Lane in West Bountiful? Have not been by since they built Legacy Hwy. and wonder if they are still there?

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Thanks for the comments. I see about 4-5 of these a day out where I work, but they are usually sitting on a power pole. I really puts the size into perspective when they are on a deer like that. (Talons too)

Amy, I used my 70-200mm f/2.8L lens. I set my camera exposure after I turned around, then set the camera to shoot 10fps then just held the shutter button down as I went past it:D

That is pimptastic! :D I'm slightly jealous of your MASSIVE er telephoto lens! *high five*

If we ever cross paths I would love some tips if you are game. :)

Last edited:

muleskinner

That is pimptastic! :D I'm slightly jealous of your MASSIVE er telephoto lens! *high five*

Its not the size, its how you use it;)

If we ever cross paths I would love some tips if you are game. :)

Anytime! I always like to talk about Photography or Guns:D (Sometimes 4x4's too):rofl:

Today I spotted a Golden and a Bald Eagle on the same carcass. I tried my same drive by, but there was too many cars slowing down and looking.

Here is the best one of the group
baldy.jpg

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Damn! Nice shots! At Crawlfest on opening day, just when we arrived at the parking lot at sand hollow I spotted a Bald and a Golden sparing over the edge of the lake. Super cool.