EcoBoost mpg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What kind of life do you guys think the eco-boost is going to get? I have had multiple V-8’s from Ford that have gone over 300,000 miles. There is currently a 2016 eco-boost with 200,000 miles on it for $13k. How many miles are too many miles?

Pike2350

I think it depends on maintenance like most cars.
I'm at just under 100k on my '12. So far it still runs great.

Without records I'd likely pass on something that high without more empirical history on these engines being strong well into the 200k+ range

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
What kind of life do you guys think the eco-boost is going to get? I have had multiple V-8’s from Ford that have gone over 300,000 miles. There is currently a 2016 eco-boost with 200,000 miles on it for $13k. How many miles are too many miles?

That would be a tough buy for me... I think they're good engines and built to last, but like @Pike2350 said, it depends on the maintenance. Timely oil changes are important for turbo engines, so is gas quality, etc. BUT, $13k is cheap for that truck.... is it worth the risk?

Our '15 3.5 EcoBoost F150 is approaching 80k miles and still running just fine.

rholbrook

I just turned 160K on my ticker. I do have a some issues when I mash the skinny pedal of it sputtering some but I think it just needs a really good tune up. I will get it done this next month but it still runs great. My mileage has dropped to just below 15 mpg average but I think the tune up will help it.