EcoBoost

Pike2350

What is the cab/bed config? I still see F150's from '12-'14 Supercrew going from $15-25k. I haven't seen one under that without major issues.

I've thought about upgrading my '12 EB SCrw FX4 but dam prices on trucks are still insane

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
What is the cab/bed config? I still see F150's from '12-'14 Supercrew going from $15-25k. I haven't seen one under that without major issues.

I've thought about upgrading my '12 EB SCrw FX4 but dam prices on trucks are still insane

Been looking at extended cabs because 4 door prices are way higher. Even extended cabs near 200k people still asking 11k+

Pike2350

I just browsed KSL and see a couple of Screws for under $11k which is surprising...but a decent Ext cab for 10k. What os the budget when you say "cheap"

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I just browsed KSL and see a couple of Screws for under $11k which is surprising...but a decent Ext cab for 10k. What os the budget when you say "cheap"

Top one is hammered I had looked at that one.

Middle one is new thanks for sharing.

Bottom one is 2wd

Pike2350

I'm at the point on my 3.5L Ecoboost that I should probably do my 100k service. I assume that involves timing belt and other various things that I don't necessarily want to deal with on my own right now. I'm curious if there are any mechanics that are trusted with the Ecoboost outside of the dealers. I'm not a big fan of paying the dealer premiums but also want somebody that might be more familiar with the Ecoboost and some of the things that need to be addressed around the 100k mile mark (turbos?, trans?)

Any suggestions? Salt lake County highly preferred

Coco

I'm at the point on my 3.5L Ecoboost that I should probably do my 100k service. I assume that involves timing belt and other various things that I don't necessarily want to deal with on my own right now. I'm curious if there are any mechanics that are trusted with the Ecoboost outside of the dealers. I'm not a big fan of paying the dealer premiums but also want somebody that might be more familiar with the Ecoboost and some of the things that need to be addressed around the 100k mile mark (turbos?, trans?)

Any suggestions? Salt lake County highly preferred
These engines have timing chains versus belts, so most would just check the condition of the guides (which is still a big job in itself to do). Me personally until you start getting some noise, I wouldn't crack open the front of the engine to inspect the chain or guides.

I would recommend a 4 part fuel system/top engine/intake cleaning at the very least however. GDI engine are known to have build up in the systems and if not cleaned can cause further issue down the road.

rholbrook

I have 172K on mine. I just had the tranny oil and filter changed, replaced one coil pack because it was missing and had them do a full tune up. My driver side turbo is starting to whistle on heavy acceleration but it still runs great. This is the reason I have kept it, it runs great. I have the much coveted front bench seat with leather. Its got everything but a sunroof.

My wife informed me that I may be giving it to my SIL. I'm going to fight her on that one. At some point, I have to get them off of the tit. We all know who may win this battle but we will see.

rholbrook

Man, mine makes those look hammered. No wonder @jeeper wants mine so badly.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I have 172K on mine. I just had the tranny oil and filter changed, replaced one coil pack because it was missing and had them do a full tune up. My driver side turbo is starting to whistle on heavy acceleration but it still runs great. This is the reason I have kept it, it runs great. I have the much coveted front bench seat with leather. Its got everything but a sunroof.

My wife informed me that I may be giving it to my SIL. I'm going to fight her on that one. At some point, I have to get them off of the tit. We all know who may win this battle but we will see.
I would give them the chop and sell it to me or Brian. I think I may be on the 1/2 ton train soon (the 4 door longbed bounce is real bad when you have 3 littles riding in a paint shaker.) If I could figure out a bed extender maybe... I just love the longbed so much.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I would give them the chop and sell it to me or Brian. I think I may be on the 1/2 ton train soon (the 4 door longbed bounce is real bad when you have 3 littles riding in a paint shaker.) If I could figure out a bed extender maybe... I just love the longbed so much.
What am I chopped liver? 😂

Pile of parts

So are there any mechanics people recommend outside of a dealer?
Funny you should ask this tonight because I jumped on here to ask the same question. Any recommendations? I have a friend that needs some work done done on his 2017. He's mainly looking at cooling mods - radiator, oil cooler, intercooler, etc.