EcoBoost

rholbrook

Update on my EcoBoost.....Still love it. I put some bigger tires on it which definitely took a few MPG out of it but when I can go from Kaysville to St George doing 80-85 mph once I pass Santaquin and get down there with just over a 1/2 tank left when the bed is empty, I can't complain. I have really enjoyed this truck.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Watch your spark plugs around 50k, some of our work trucks have been getting CEL and having misfires, turns out just needed new plugs

Bart

This truck interests me a lot, but since I can't afford new, I'm waiting to see some longevity numbers. Anybody had one with a 100k on it yet?

blznnp

Update on my EcoBoost.....Still love it. I put some bigger tires on it which definitely took a few MPG out of it but when I can go from Kaysville to St George doing 80-85 mph once I pass Santaquin and get down there with just over a 1/2 tank left when the bed is empty, I can't complain. I have really enjoyed this truck.
how big is your tank and how many miles have you been getting out of a tank full? I use to get 500 out of my tanks in my f150 but it was a big tank.

UFAB

Factory 35 gallon tank. When gauge says your empty. Its empty.. Fill before its to late.

Winter blend gas sucks. Maybe 600 miles on one tank

Oh at 53k miles
All abs sensors went out. Vaccum hub. Window switches. Second front and rear windows.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

rholbrook

As stated, 35 Gal. When full with combined mileage I get 600 plus on a tank. From my house to St George is 345 miles so for me to go there and back on a tank is pretty good. The light turned on in Centerville. This last trip the computer said I had 348 miles to empty. The computer said 17.7 MPG down at that speed listed earlier and 16.8 back. When the speed limit was 75 I would get close to 20 mpg because I would go between 75 and 80 mph.

Vacuum leak in hub went out on my 2000 Power Stroke and my 2008 F150 so its a problem pre-EcoBoost. The vacuum line needs to be routed differently. I have had no issues with mine at 37K miles. I have had my window switches go out in my Power Stroke and my 2010 Expedition on Drivers at 70K miles.

No truck is perfect but for what I use one for, its great for my needs.

muleskinner

I got a brand new ecoboost the end of December and it seems like a pretty decent truck, but I'm only averaging 13.2 mpg per fill up. I've got 9000 miles on it now so I don't think it will get any better. I fuel up twice a week and average 380-400 miles per tank.

On another note-

I think I've almost worn the governor out;)

rholbrook

There's your answer on why your mileage is down. You obviously like how hard that thing pulls. Keep the peddle out of the floor mat and you'll be fine

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
My commute to work averages about 17mpg (a little less in the winter) and I can do about 20-21 @ 70 on the freeway

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The fun thing about mpg numbers is people forget percentages. If a Chevy 5.3 gets 18 average and the EB gets 20, that's 10% better. My guess is the non Ford loyal guys who have bought these trucks think it will beat the other 1/2 tons by a big margin in mpg. From everything I have heard they are just a bit better than the 5.3 but I have towed with a 5.3 and it ain't no powerhouse. So MPG for the amount of power you're getting is the key.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Most people don't realize that the ecoboost is either/or. It makes power if you want it, but you will never mistake it for a Prius while doing so.

Dragging my 26' trailer (fully loaded I'm a little north of 8k lbs) up the Uinta's @ 65mph, my round trip mpg is 8.5-9
But with that load it will pull the grade up and over Bald Mt. pass on the way to Mirror lake (10,700+ ft) in 3rd, easily holding the speed limit (55 mph), at 3000 rpm with half the throttle left to go.
Last time up I pulled away from a family in a fully loaded Suburban (no trailer).
With no trailer I make the entire trip without exceeding 2000 rpm.
And super quiet to boot.

Last edited:

Pike2350

I'm looking at a 2012 Screw Ecoboost. I thought I'd bring this back up and see how people are still liking theirs and if they've started having troubles

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I sold my travel trailer and then went straight to the Jeep dealer to trade my truck on a new Rubicon. After the test drive, I realized I could not part with the truck, I like it that much. 44k miles with zero issues, it erases hills and elevation, pulls like a locomotive when needed, and best of all, nearly silent while doing it all. When it's paid off in a couple years, I'll get the Rubi. no wait, the daughter is in college..

Pike2350

can you hear the turbos whine when you're driving but when I'm looking at a test drive and I can hear the whine of the turbos. I don't know if it's the aftermarket AFE intake it or if it's just something I should be concerned about

I sold my travel trailer and then went straight to the Jeep dealer to trade my truck on a new Rubicon. After the test drive, I realized I could not part with the truck, I like it that much. 44k miles with zero issues, it erases hills and elevation, pulls like a locomotive when needed, and best of all, nearly silent while doing it all. When it's paid off in a couple years, I'll get the Rubi. no wait, the daughter is in college..

Pulls like my chipped and modded 7.3 X but quietly.

EB101

Still love mine, I'm on my 2nd one now. 3 years on my 2012 with zero problems, now I'm in a '15. Strangely enough on both trucks the mileage went up after ~10k miles.