Edelbrock carb

myemontana

What to do? I have a 4 barrel edelbrock 1405 that seems to be worthless offroad. Has the "offroad kit" and all it does is flood out and I spend all day riding the clutch to keep the engine rpm's up so it wont stall over every little bump or change in angle. Is there a fix? Don't have the money to do EFI, what would be the next step? Is this carb salvagable or do I look into another carb? Are there any carbs that will work with the edelbrock manifold? Thanks for all the help.

zukking01

If the carb is good for street driving I might be willing to trade you a chevy TBI harness, TBI, and harness with sensors and ECM. I also have the parters for cutting the harness so you can get EFI really cheap.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I went to the snakes last saturday and my carb was giving my problems to, almost rolled down a hill cus i hit a rock & bounced me sideway's into a tree and the motor died and through my power steering belt so i couldnt turn away from the tree...sorry tree lol

it's got the off road kit aswell, they work grate! for about 2-4 months.

get a pore mans EFI (fuel pressure regulator) that will help a lot i been told, going to put mine on today.

78mitsu

they're usually jetted for sea level. Try some smaller jets and metering rods. make sure the springs haven't shifted on the needle.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I have never seen an Edelbrock carb preform even half decent offroad. I'm not saying it is impossible to tune them and make them work, but I think there are better options out there. For my money I would look into a Quadrajet or a Holley Truck Avenger. I have been impressed by both as far as carbs go...

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
The problem with most of the 4 barrels is they are center hung float bowls. when you try and climb or descend the float either adds too much fuel or too little. With the 2100 two barrel you get a side hung float that is narrow enough to prevent some fuel slosh and when you climb or descend it doesn't change alot so it still runs. When you are on a big side hill you will run into some fueling issues, However you really have to be on a steep side hill. Also most 302's are not built with enough horse power for a four barrel so you end up with a poor fuel air mixture. It's a Bronco not a drag car. In the early 90's before EFI swaps were big the 2100 was the best way to get offroad performance out of a Bronco. No reason to keep fighting it.