Archived EJS 2016

Hunt

Out of the blue my wife tells me she wants to do EJS 2016. Umm... Okay! I do KOH every year and it's kind of a boys trip and she is not really into it. Greg and I did a very short Moab trip when I picked up the RME TJ. Other than that I know nothing about it. My wife has a girlfriend that has something to do with high end automotive paint marketing. Their toter is ridicules and they have offer to let us stay with them. I'll be bringing the TJ and maybe the new FJ project or the Rhino. I can get two in the trailer but certainly not all three. What do I need to know?

Hunt

Not our but our friend's accommodations! Yes, it's the one that made the rounds on Instagram recently.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 119

Bart

The TJ and Rhino will give you the greatest flexibility in the trails you run, and you can drive the Rhino in town if its registered. If you're going to run official trails you'll need to sign up for them. If you're running independent you'll need to work around Safari trails, or do BFE a lot.

They issued the leader and gunner forms last week and I get what I've put in for I'll be leading Hell's Revenge opening Saturday, and gunning Rusty Nail on Monday, and Pritchett on Tuesday.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The TJ and Rhino will give you the greatest flexibility in the trails you run, and you can drive the Rhino in town if its registered. If you're going to run official trails you'll need to sign up for them. If you're running independent you'll need to work around Safari trails, or do BFE a lot.

They issued the leader and gunner forms last week and I get what I've put in for I'll be leading Hell's Revenge opening Saturday, and gunning Rusty Nail on Monday, and Pritchett on Tuesday.

...and the Rhino's are not allowed on EJS event trails (the ones sponsored by the club).

I need to figure out what to put in for on my trails.

Hunt

...and the Rhino's are not allowed on EJS event trails (the ones sponsored by the club).

I need to figure out what to put in for on my trails.

Everything is registered and insured. "Street legal" can get a little gray at times. I have emailed Red Rock for the registration info. When people are saying "put it for" or "register for" where do I get that form or do I have to wait for a response back from Red Rock?

Is there a RME meet up?

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
General trail sign ups will be forthcoming. The members and associates (volunteers) received our forms this past week. We need to volunteer so they can create trails/days/times for people (customers?) to sign up for

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
It would be nice to know what your signing up for Marc... I still need to decide how long I am going to stay this year and where....

mbryson

Supporting Member
It would be nice to know what your signing up for Marc... I still need to decide how long I am going to stay this year and where....

I'd be surprised if I don't end up on Hell's Revenge the first Sat. and then again on Sunday. After that, I have no idea at this time. Who's a leader and wants a schmuck like me for a gunner?

RenegadeR

Did you find out what you are running? I will be gunning on Metal masher Monday, Pritchett Tuesday, Pickle Wednesday, Moab Rim Saturday and still figuring out the rest of the week.

Bart

They changed things around a bit and I only got one of the 3 I requested. I will still be leading HR on opening Saturday, but that's it. I'm sad I won't be gunning with you on Pritchett.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'm gunning on flat iron mesa on sunday and then with Maverik on poison spider on tuesday. was asked if I wanted to lead hellroaring rim on big saturday but seeing I have never even been on the trail I had to say no.

I will be down there friday the 18th thru big saturday so I am open to some non signup runs...

Bart

I plan to be there the whole week and I'd be up for a run. The real feat will be finding an open run that everyone enjoys.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I plan on going for the entire event. Not sure what I am doing when but will will be with Nate a bunch. Might do one or two lead trails.