EJS 2019 Trail Officials -- which trails are you working?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Looking at my info online (because I am too impatient to wait for the papers to arrive via the mail), it looks like I have two official assignments as of this moment:

Sun 4/14: gunning Backwards Bill 10:00am
Tue 4/16: tail gunning Steel Bender 8:00am

I'll probably be a mid-gunner on BB. But with Gil leading SB, I will almost assuredly be the tail gunner again (for the third time). Traditionally, he and I have been the only two rigs on the run with ham radios, and he likes how that lets us (a) stay in full contact all day long and (b) have private conversations the participants cannot hear.

Hey, Marc--didn't you say on FB that you wanted to run SB? Why not come along with us?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
4/13 Sat---Hells Revenge -- gunning
4/15 Mon---Metal Masher -- participant
4/16 Tues---Steel Bender -- participant -- Not sure about Gil ( ;) ) but you'd be ok to run with
4/18 Thurs---Rusty Nail -- gunning
4/20 Sat---Dome Plateau -- participant

Last edited:

Bart

4-13 Hells Revenge - Leading
4-14 Gold Bar Rim - Gunning
4-15 Where Eagles Dare - Gunning
4-18 Metal Masher - Gunning

smfulle

OK, since the two of you are the big cheeses on Hell's Revenge for 4-13, if I signed up to run it with you and show up with my slightly less than 33 inch tires, will you chase me away?

Bart

OK, since the two of you are the big cheeses on Hell's Revenge for 4-13, if I signed up to run it with you and show up with my slightly less than 33 inch tires, will you chase me away?
Hahahahaha, Oh heck no. It would be a pleasure to have you on our run.

smfulle

Not sure I can pull it off yet or not. The school district i work at is inconsiderate enough to have spring break two weeks before EJS week. :-( I'm trying to put together a small flat fender gathering at Sand Hollow that week of our spring break (1-5 April). If my jeep survives that I maybe can sneak down to Moab for that Saturday. We do have Good Friday off so I'll be able to make the Friday Flat Fender Fun Run. mbryson, are you going to be there with your imitation flat fender?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Not sure I can pull it off yet or not. The school district i work at is inconsiderate enough to have spring break two weeks before EJS week. :-( I'm trying to put together a small flat fender gathering at Sand Hollow that week of our spring break (1-5 April). If my jeep survives that I maybe can sneak down to Moab for that Saturday. We do have Good Friday off so I'll be able to make the Friday Flat Fender Fun Run. mbryson, are you going to be there with your imitation flat fender?

I'll be there with my "+size" flatfender (and will try to keep Friday open). LOVE to have you (and anyone else from your group that wants to register). My 14 yr old daughter does an excellent job of alerting me to vehicles that might not meet specs for the trail. Good Friday is the day before "big Saturday". We will be on Hells Revenge 4-13. The early part of EJS week is typically pretty chill and less busy. Maybe you can give us a good history lesson on WWII and the impact of the MB/GPW? :D You'd be educating

Last edited:

UPNO4

Addicted
  1. 4-13 Hell's Revenge - Gunner
  2. 4-14 Steel Bender - Gunner
  3. 4-15 Metal Masher - Gunner
  4. 4-20 Moab Rim - Gunner been awhile since I been on a Big Saturday Trail
Got a new to me LJ so this will be a bit different from the ZJ I have been running for the past 20 years

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
4/14 Leading Top of the World
4/17 Leading Poison Spider
4/20 gunning Hells Revenge

Tomorrow I pick up my new to me 2018 JKUR and I am not sure if I will have the lift and tires on it by then so it might be stock...

Attachments

• 6b030b540d83456ea16a5ae5a8234612.jpg
    6b030b540d83456ea16a5ae5a8234612.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6

OLSEN

I thank you for that! That is one of the beauties of that trail....even though it is an in, turn around and back out, the one and only 'gotcha' part of the trail can get us spread out for miles. Also thanks for the info on the AARL band use while enjoying Rose Garden.
Just a heads up to all that we are hitting the Rubicon again this July and would love excellent company (Marc, Dempsey, Ian, Brett and Et al)

mbryson

Supporting Member
I thank you for that! That is one of the beauties of that trail....even though it is an in, turn around and back out, the one and only 'gotcha' part of the trail can get us spread out for miles. Also thanks for the info on the AARL band use while enjoying Rose Garden.
Just a heads up to all that we are hitting the Rubicon again this July and would love excellent company (Marc, Dempsey, Ian, Brett and Et al)

I'd love to go. We'll see what's happening in my life as that gets closer. (586 miles—@6 mpg = 98 gallons— x 2 =200 @ $3 per gallon ===$586 for fuel there and back)

Last edited:

OLSEN

SWEET!
I do not know if any of my girls will be there (Rubicon)....wait...nope Linda will be home with 1 daughter and grandson, other daughter is out as well. Looks like it will be up to my granddaughters to hold up the girl portion again.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We are heading down early and leaving early this year. Desert race in Vernal on Big Saturday. It would be great to meet up and run some trails with some RME folks.

We will be in town Sunday 4/14- Thursday 4/18.
Running
Flat iron on 4/14 and Seven mile rim on 4/15.
Anyone else not running an official trail on the 16th, 17th or 18th?