EJS 2020 -> Who's going and what are you bringing?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
More than likely I will make a run down for the vendor show, but skip trying to get on a trail...

(I am getting to old for that level of crazy...)

I like to go for the first weekend up until wednesday then head home. It's still not bad at all on the trails during that time, get to see some cool rigs around town as well... but you do miss the booths.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Good point Nate, in my head W4x4j reminds me of EJS back in the ‘90s. Big enough to be a fun, but still not crazy. Heck even the days of meeting friends early at potato salad hill to help the RME clean up was some good times/laughs.

But $250 a night hotels, 2 hour waits at restaurants, no place to park a tow rig and trailer, plus some unwelcome attention from Law Enforcement friends. I guess I am just at a point where EJS is not fun any more. First weekend makes a difference but it’s still a little nuts.

I will admit that being involved in the trails has a lot to do with my leaning towards W4x4j, if I weren’t tail gunning for a couple of days I would not get near sand hallow during W4x4j.

But as it is, I am able to work with the same trail crew for the last 7-8 years and help to teach folks trail etiquette in a nice way, plus meet some awesome people along the way.

If I ever get back to EJS it will probably to help out the RR4W/friends like Bart Jacobs or Dave Adams. Until then... nah, I am good. ?

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Good point Nate, in my head W4x4j reminds me of EJS back in the ‘90s. Big enough to be a fun, but still not crazy. Heck even the days of meeting friends early at potato salad hill to help the RME clean up was some good times/laughs.

But $250 a night hotels, 2 hour waits at restaurants, no place to park a tow rig and trailer, plus some unwelcome attention from Law Enforcement friends. I guess I am just at a point where EJS is not fun any more. First weekend makes a difference but it’s still a little nuts.

I will admit that being involved in the trails has a lot to do with my leaning towards W4x4j, if I weren’t tail gunning for a couple of days I would not get near sand hallow during W4x4j.

But as it is, I am able to work with the same trail crew for the last 7-8 years and help to teach folks trail etiquette in a nice way, plus meet some awesome people along the way.

If I ever get back to EJS it will probably to help out the RR4W/friends like Bart Jacobs or Dave Adams. Until then... nah, I am good. ?

Dave is likely done with EJS? I’m not sure if the exact details but he’s not leading trails this year

Bart

Dave (GreenJeep)can chime in if he wants, I think he's still a member here, and this is all public information. Recently he officially resigned from the RR4W club and closed the Facebook pages he set up for them. He has his reasons and I respect that. The club then made a decision to part ways and removed him as a trail official. As far as I'm concerned it's a loss for both sides. Dave has such a wealth of information about the trails and the area. If you've never been on a trail with him as a leader you really missed out. Dave is a good friend and I wish him the best.

For me, I want to continue to give back to the 4x4 community and hopefully share a little of what I've learned about Tread Lightly, trail etiquette, conservation, and area knowledge, which is why I've been a volunteer for EJS, Trail Hero, and Winter 4x4 in the past. I will be at Easter Safari this year on the following trails.
Hells Revenge opening Saturday - leading
Gold Bar Rim Sunday - gunning
Where Eagles Dare Monday - helping
Moab Rim Tuesday
Wednesday open
Metal Masher Thursday 10:00 - leading
Pritchett Friday

I'd love to make an RME run if I can make the schedule work.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I would love this, count me in! As an RME Millenial, I missed out on the good ol days. Oddly I didn't start attending EJS in a jeep until about 5 years ago. I went on a dirt bike a couple of times in the late 90's and maybe 2001 and it was way more wild back then in my opinion. The last two years, I haven't seen any real crowding issues and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We walked right into the blue pig at 5pm on Thursday last year.
I hope to have the LS up and running in the LJ by EJS.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Dave (GreenJeep)can chime in if he wants, I think he's still a member here, and this is all public information. Recently he officially resigned from the RR4W club and closed the Facebook pages he set up for them. He has his reasons and I respect that. The club then made a decision to part ways and removed him as a trail official. As far as I'm concerned it's a loss for both sides. Dave has such a wealth of information about the trails and the area. If you've never been on a trail with him as a leader you really missed out. Dave is a good friend and I wish him the best.

For me, I want to continue to give back to the 4x4 community and hopefully share a little of what I've learned about Tread Lightly, trail etiquette, conservation, and area knowledge, which is why I've been a volunteer for EJS, Trail Hero, and Winter 4x4 in the past. I will be at Easter Safari this year on the following trails.
Hells Revenge opening Saturday - leading
Gold Bar Rim Sunday - gunning
Where Eagles Dare Monday - helping
Moab Rim Tuesday
Wednesday open
Metal Masher Thursday 10:00 - leading
Pritchett Friday

I'd love to make an RME run if I can make the schedule work.
Looks like I'm gunning monday with you...

joez

I'm trying to decide if I should take the Taco-cart this year or stick with the crawler!

Would anybody be interested in an RME run on the first weekend or during the first part of the week before it becomes too chaotic? Open for suggestions!
Honestly I'd love to be able to join an RME run. Coming out for the first time this year, for the first weekend and Monday. Heading to Sand Hollow Tuesday. I know Pritchett is on our hopeful list to hit

smfulle

If you have a Flat Fender, the unofficial and totally spontaneous meeting of flat fenders that seem to materialize every year in the Zip line parking lot across from Dennys on the last Friday morning is a super good time. Come by and look at the variety of flat fenders and talk with the old rusty junk lovers that are there. Somehow around 9am or so many of us manage to find our way to the same trail that morning as well.
A few of us usually do some sort of a flat fender shakedown run on Wed. We have run Gold Bar rim up to the Crack and back on precious years.
EJS is way fun in a flat fender. :cool: