Archived EJS Planning forum now open!

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I went down for 2017 Easter, that was my first Easter in Moab, I didn't have a Jeep then so I was just on dirtbikes but it was still fun. Nowhere near as busy as what I would have expected. I will be in Jamaica this Easter so I won't make it this year, but I will probably try to go car-show weekend.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I went down for 2017 Easter, that was my first Easter in Moab, I didn't have a Jeep then so I was just on dirtbikes but it was still fun. Nowhere near as busy as what I would have expected. I will be in Jamaica this Easter so I won't make it this year, but I will probably try to go car-show weekend.

Everytime I've gone, the first part of the week is great. It get's crowded Friday and Saturday so I never expect to go on any popular trails on those days.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

You do not have to have a Jeep to participate in the Easter Jeep Safari. Remember, this is a 52 year old event, so when it was created "jeep" and "jeeping" were colloquial terms referring to off-roading. Any and all full sized vehicles are welcome to register and participate.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
You do not have to have a Jeep to participate in the Easter Jeep Safari. Remember, this is a 52 year old event, so when it was created "jeep" and "jeeping" were colloquial terms referring to off-roading. Any and all full sized vehicles are welcome to register and participate.

Well, I didn't really have any 4wd at the time except from my Titan on 35's but its not for that haha.

smfulle

I was going to say “ I like having my rusty old rig built in the 1940s get as much attention as rigs that cost 10 to 15 times as much as we both sit at the top of the same obstacle.” But I decided I wouldn’t. Seemed a little flat fender snobbish when I read it back. Don’t want to be like that.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was going to say “ I like having my rusty old rig built in the 1940s get as much attention as rigs that cost 10 to 15 times as much as we both sit at the top of the same obstacle.” But I decided I wouldn’t. Seemed a little a little flat fender snobbish when I read it back. Don’t want to be like that.

One of the more fun runs I’ve been on in a while. Flat fender guys are TRUE to the sport. I don’t mind the JK folks and some of them are awesome but the flatty folks are always great on the trails and really fun to see how they conquer funky obstacles with 80 year old tech and driving skill

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was going to say “ I like having my rusty old rig built in the 1940s get as much attention as rigs that cost 10 to 15 times as much as we both sit at the top of the same obstacle.” But I decided I wouldn’t. Seemed a little a little flat fender snobbish when I read it back. Don’t want to be like that.

I chuckle at this each year. I ran Jax Trax the first year they offered it and I was about 30 vehicles back. We came to the only "real" obstacle on the trail, a slickrock fin with a bump at the top. Every vehicle ahead of me was a JK of some variety, and everyone took the bypass saying over the CB, "Oh, that looks pretty tough. Don't think I want to risk it." Mind you, many of these JK's had 4" lifts, 37" tires, ect. ect. I rolled up in my Trooper, looked at the obstacle and said, "Eh? That's nothing." and went right up without so much as a chirp of a tire. Then my Dad in his Trooper followed me up. Of 40 vehicles on the trail, only the Troopers sporting nothing but rear LSD's and 32" tires went up.
Now I get it, we have decades of experience and our vehicles cost $700 a piece, so we really don't care too much if something happens to them (aside from having to drive them home). But a stock JKUR should have no issue on any trail down there save ones like Pritchett. So each year I just shake my head at these guys with $100k into a JK and they're bump wimps. Maybe that makes me an ass, I don't know. But I miss the old days when there was such a mix of vehicles and the fun of the whole thing was watching all these different rigs make it through the trail. Now, honestly, its gotten a bit boring.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I went last year for the first time in a 4x4, have done it a couple times on a dirt bike. My wife absolutely loved it. We will be going Wed-big Sat. What is everyone's favorite moderate trails like 6/7. We did Kane Creek and Hells last year and have done Metal Masher and Poison Spider many times on our own. Moab Rim scares my wife, so maybe Gold Bar Rim or steel bender.

OLSEN

Gunning Rose Garden on monday the 26th, playing at the sand dunes on 28th then leading Hey Joe thursday the 29th.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
I went last year for the first time in a 4x4, have done it a couple times on a dirt bike. My wife absolutely loved it. We will be going Wed-big Sat. What is everyone's favorite moderate trails like 6/7. We did Kane Creek and Hells last year and have done Metal Masher and Poison Spider many times on our own. Moab Rim scares my wife, so maybe Gold Bar Rim or steel bender.

One of my favorite trails these days is Flat Iron Mesa. My wife loves Jax Trax. My ALL TIME favorite trail in Moab is Rusty Nail.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm on Hells Revenge first two days. Likely headed home after that? Might just take the MJ down?

Me and my flat fender mate want to try Cliff Hanger. Probably going to do that the first weekend sometime.

I think something that small could do really well in a lot of spots on there. Better than someone would think!