Wanted Electric Guitar

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm looking for the cheap electric guitar thats gathering dust in the corner of your spare room or in the closet. Looking to spend around $100. I don't need an amp at this point. Needs to be "full size" for my sausage fingers and bonus points for les paul style because I like the way they look.

Thanks.
Nate

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm looking for the cheap electric guitar thats gathering dust in the corner of your spare room or in the closet. Looking to spend around $100. I don't need an amp at this point. Needs to be "full size" for my sausage fingers and bonus points for les paul style because I like the way they look.

Thanks.
Nate

We putting the band back together?!?! :D

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
How quick can you grow a mullet? Obligatory requirement for any band I'd join.

I'm actually about to order rocksmith and need an electric for that. (Its a "game" that is supposed to help teach you how to play. It works with the electric hookup on a guitar and gives real time feedback on how you're doing.) I've got an acoustic that is decent but figured I could get an electric for pretty cheap rather than adding a pickup to the one I've got and wouldn't have to fiddle with getting it to work right.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I picked this up last night and rocksmith should be here Tuesday. Its an Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro thats a little over ten years old. The guy threw in the cute little amp because one of the nobs shorts out on occasion.

X8QKvfjl.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
KSL has them from about $100 and up. A new one from Guitar Center is $550 or $600 and a hard case is $100-ish. I got this from a kid down in Provo for $350 and the amp (that has a short) for $20. The case is showing its age a little and there are a few small dings and scratches but I think its overall in real good shape. I'm not super hip on the sunburst color but this one did it for me for some reason. I took the pick guard off as soon as I got home and think it looks even better.

I have an acoustic already and this electric seems to play better but I should probably take the acoustic in for a tune up by someone who knows what they are doing. Too bad Steve isn't around.... Rocksmith will be here tomorrow.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Nice. I usually resort to my acoustics if I'm just picking around because it's way easier than busting out the amp. If I had a dedicated room/spot to leave it set up however, I'd probably play my electrics more often.

I like the sunburst.:)

On a mostly unrelated note, I want an acoustic bass. That is all.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Nice. I usually resort to my acoustics if I'm just picking around because it's way easier than busting out the amp. If I had a dedicated room/spot to leave it set up however, I'd probably play my electrics more often.

I like the sunburst.:)

On a mostly unrelated note, I want an acoustic bass. That is all.

I didn't know you played Bryson. I just have the two guitars and amp in the "guest" basement bedroom. I tried 3d printing a wall mount (didn't go well) for the guitars but am going to put them on the wall in that same bedroom. The xbox is right next to it in the family room so it won't be much hassle to grab from the bedroom for noodling. My wife doesn't know all that yet but the basement is really my space in terms of use. (Really its the dogs basement but since I don't mind the hair and aroma its mine too...) I'd love to put the guitars on the wall in the family room but that'd probably be a harder sell. I did intend to use my home theater setup as an amp before the guy threw in the amp for an extra $20. Supposedly all you need to do that is an adapter from 1/4" to 1/8" I think.

Last edited:

Caleb

I've seen Rocksmith before but I've always been skeptical. After you've had it for a little while, I'd be interested to know what you think of it.