Emergency Meeting in Moab

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Grand County is having an Emergency Meeting regarding Events & Planning and the Coronavirius. The Car Show is coming up this weekend, lots of biking events, EJS, etc. Sounds like they're trying to be proactive, but there is a big push back from the local business owners.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My mother works for a tour bus company and was telling us that this virus may take them into bankruptcy. It was crazy to hear how many business owners were saying similar things.

On the other hand, as a real estate appraiser, I wish there could be a new virus every year! I'd be like Opra.. New gladiator for you, and a new jeep for you, and a new tacoma for you! 🤑

xjtony

My wife works for a global travel company, that does coding and behind the scenes stuff for airlines and travel industry all over the world. The just took a 5% pay cut and have to take 2 weeks unpaid by the end of the year, with more cuts to come if needed, all from the virus scare.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
What's the status? I've seen on FB that the vendor show is canceled?

just rumors right now from what i've seen. Someone said it was cancelled during the meeting, but then the motion failed. so who knows whats going on. there has been no official word from the RR4W yet.

Pile of parts

This is the email from RR4W yesterday. I'm sure most have seen this. It doesn't address the vendor show.

To address the questions about the Coronavirus and EJS 2020

We have fielded calls and messages about rumors of the current Coronavirus situation and its' effect on Easter Jeep Safari 2020, so to address that concern please read and share this post.

This outbreak, like past flu like outbreaks will effect those with already weakened immune systems, the very young and the very elderly, and as such you should take precautions not only for your well being, but also for those around you that could more easily be effected by this virus.

First, obviously if you are not feeling well or someone in your family or group is not feeling well, stay back, stay home, and get better.

Please don’t needlessly put others at risk if you can help it. That will play a big part in the effective control of the virus, especially at public events like Easter Jeep Safari and the associated shows and vendor get togethers.

Second, if you can please bring and wear basic protective gear recommended by the CDC or other government health agencies for this outbreak.
Please review:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html to learn what you can do to help prevent the spread of the corona virus.

Additionally please know that the Red Rock 4-Wheelers and the venue will be implementing additional recommended precautions based on local public heath officials.

At this time there is no truth to any rumor of cancellation of EJS, but let’s all do our part to help make it a fun and successful event for all.

LJTim

But that is yesterday. There has been a meeting for the past several hours about it with new developments. From what I can tell, the trail runs will proceed as usual, but some are saying they are planning on canceling any indoor gatherings of a certain size, and some outdoor gatherings.

Pile of parts

This email just came in.

Update regarding events during
Easter Jeep Safari 2020

The Grand County council is putting forth an emergency ordinance limiting attendance at special events.

A careful review of the attendance limits on mass events has put us in the position of canceling the Vendor Expo held in conjunction with EJS.

All of the trails for EJS will go off as scheduled.

Meeting places and times will remain the same.

Registration will be open at Old Spanish Trail Arena every morning from 7:00 am starting Saturday April 4th.

All other EJS related activities will be handled on a case by case basis.

At this time both the Quadretec BBQ (April 7) and the Boy Scout BBQ (April 9) have also been cancelled.

There have been a few trail cancellations by individuals and those spots have been put back in inventory for sale. You may want to visit the web site and see if there is a trails that you would like to book.​
data%3A

Thank you for your support of
Red Rock 4-Wheelers and
Easter Jeep Safari - we look forward
to seeing you in 2020!​

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Damn, the vendor show was half the reason we were attending EJS this year.

Many vendors are finding alternative places to display. Big companies like ARB, AEV, Jeep, etc have been doing their display offsite for years, BFG and many others will be doing the same thing this year. Moab Powersports offered up their large parking lot to vendor displays for example.