Emery County, UT - Mountain Dew Trail

RTR

Thinking about going down and driving this trail, tomorrow. (Tomorrow is supposed to proffer a rare window of sunny weather.) Should I be concerned about wet/slick conditions and mud, with all the rain we've been having? Is there anything I should know before committing to going down there with one vehicle?

Thanks, in advance.

RTR

Also curious if there’s anything in that area that is a good trail where people might have the google earth files available??? Browsing around in this “Trail Maps,” forum doesn’t seem to show many results for Emery County/San Rafael Swell area… Perhaps someone could point me to a good source for finding said trails… Again, thanks in advance!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Premium Vendor
Also curious if there’s anything in that area that is a good trail where people might have the google earth files available??? Browsing around in this “Trail Maps,” forum doesn’t seem to show many results for Emery County/San Rafael Swell area… Perhaps someone could point me to a good source for finding said trails… Again, thanks in advance!
I've got the most recent San Rafael Swell Motorized Travel Maps that do a great job of helping you navigate around the area. I have a few left over here at my house otherwise you can get them at the Price BLM office (they will mail them) or many businesses in the Price area have them occasionally too.

teamwestoutdoor

All Locked up
Just got off the Dew Trail. Other then the 50 mph wind it was a great trip. I had to do this trip in my Rhino as my Jeep is still in Moab awaiting it's axle swap but wanted to finish this trail before I head to Vegas.

Got a couple photos to share with you all.

Mushroom rock.

Chad and Tom in Chad's Toyota.

Coming over the top of the rock pile.

This is the end of the road.

ret32

I've got the most recent San Rafael Swell Motorized Travel Maps that do a great job of helping you navigate around the area. I have a few left over here at my house otherwise you can get them at the Price BLM office (they will mail them) or many businesses in the Price area have them occasionally too.
Emery County's got them online.

Go to:http://www.emerycounty.com/travel/san-rafael-swell-maps.html and download the "Motorized Vehicle Map" from the list.

Also, the County Sheriff carries copies around with them when they are on patrol in the swell. They give them out like candy to everybody they talk to.

Kevin B.

OLAF
Supporting Member
I thought there was a question over whether the Mtn Dew trail was open for travel, did that get resolved? I'd love to put it on my list if it's open.
I believe that trail is in Emery County and not part of the Carbon County RMP.

More info at the bottom of this page: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?46480-Emery-County-UT-Mountain-Dew-Trail

morg59 - Welcome back!
I haven't looked to see what's exactly in what county, but I did happen to have my Emery County OHV map sitting here, and this trail isn't marked on it.

The date on my map is 2008, maybe something has changed?