Engine Swap Samurai

mhafen

Snag hit. The young man who was going to sell the engine backed out at the last second so now myself and samuraiman are back to square 1.5 (he has an 8v ready to go).

str8axleguy

eh that sucks. I picked mine up off ksl. Got the whole vehichle to take what I wanted, the seller and I negotiated where I would take the engine and wiring harness and trans and then drop the rest back off to him. Worked out very well. Watch on ksl they show up, it is just a matter of the price working or not.

mhafen

I'm know it is but I've got to get something into it asap. Its a bit of a kick in the junk but I've got to take what is available. If anyone is willing to bargain I'm game!

airmanwilliams

check out pick n pull on geneva road in orem I just gave them a call and bargain with them. I havent gone down yet but when I called them they said they would let just the engine go for 150 but they said I would need to check out the vehicles and see if an engine is still in them since their computer couldnt tell me. Although a harness mod would be needed, adapter kit, and if the engine is crap then a rebuild too.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Is there anybody available that still does this conversion in Utah ? (1.3 to 1.6 swap in a Samurai )

Any reputable shop would be able to do it for you, you'd just have to provide the parts just like any motor swap.
That said, there are tons of write ups all over the internet on how to do a 1.6L swap. It's a pretty easy one as engine swaps go. If you're mechanically inclined, it's not too bad to do.