Ethanol free stations

DAA

I wonder how current the list is. I ride a couple of old Triumph motorcycles that absolutely HATE ethanol. In the last couple months, three different stations near my house that used to sell non-ethanol, no longer do. Two months ago, I could have added three stations to that list. But now, they all have the big ugly ethanol stickers on their pumps. Currently, I don't know anywhere in the Bountiful/Centerville area to get 91 octane non-ethanol fuel. If anyone else does know, please speak up!

- DAA

Chevycrew

I have heard that even though the pumps say that it may contain ethanol, that some places dont use ethanol in the premium grade fuel.

I not sure how to even find out about this.

Corban_White

They sell a simple test kit to see if there is ethanol in the gas.

DAA, I will check and verify tomorrow but the walkers? in Kaysville just off the freeway on the south side of the road did not have ethanol the last time I was there. Also, if you click on the details link on the list it will show when it was added.

YOUKNOW

I think the new gas station on Lehi main, past the round about towards Saratoga is Ethanol free.

Edit: just looked on the site and there it is.

neagtea

Supporting Member
If I recall come Jan 1 2011 all gas will have ethanol, 10 % as I recall.
Bio diesel is a coming also although I don't remember the percentage.
I will check next week and repost
I could rant about this but I will bite my tongue and pay more for diesel and gas. I also don't know where we will get enough ethanol for ten percent of the utah refiners gasoline pool, (top of head math aprox 10k barrels per day of ethanol needed to blend).
Oh well I guess the cows can go hungry.

Last edited:

Corban_White

Here is one place to purchase a test kit.

What is bad about ethanol in gas? Well, there is the reduction in fuel economy (~2MPG in all the vehicles I drive), the potential for engine damage, the usage of food for fuel, the unsustainability w/o government subsidies, the fact that it has not been shown to reduce pollution, etc. I am by no means the ethanol expert nor do I want to start an ethanol debate. The above reasons are the conclusion which I have formed based on my own research. I would encourage anyone who is curious about the use of ethanol as a fuel to do their own research and make their own conclusions.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I watched that youtube video about Jay Leno interviewing the lucas oil rep and one of the things they mentioned about ethanol is that it drys the gasoline out which in turns drys your rubber gaskets out... which in the long run will kill most the older engines... so no more cash for clunkers when all they have to do is put ethanol in the gas and it will kill most the older cars...

This is my opinion and I could be wrong....

Corban_White

Verified that the station just off the freeway in Kaysville has no ethanol. It is not a Walkers anymore though, it is a 7-11. Also, the RB's station about 1/2 mile north of Davis High doesn't have ethanol either.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
just recently my car started getting about 2 mpg worse mileage and i was super frustrated by it. i then found out it's cause i was filling up at a different station that uses ethanol. went back to the station that doesn't and sure enough i'm back up to normal mileage.

i've heard the rumors that 91 octane doesn't contain ethanol as well, but this was with 91 (that's what my car requires) so yeah

i'll be honest- giant waterparks, eating competitions and even survivor-type shows are all fine with me... but using food as fuel is ridiculous