Ever had one of those days at the range?

Caleb

I usually have the opinion of "if I'm shooting, I'm happy" when I'm at the range. However, Friday I went shooting and ended up super frustrated. I just got my gun back from getting the barrel ported. As a result of having the work done on it, it was off...like way off (~6" to the left at 10yds off). Ok, cool, frustrating but not that big of a deal I'll just sight it back in. As I'm getting it just about right, my red dot stops working...wtf?!?!? This is a nice RMSc red dot that's only a couple months old...maybe it had a weak battery to begin with. I turn my elevation screw just a hair and the red dot comes back on...now I'm getting mad, likely not the battery. Ok, well I'll just finish the day with the iron sights. They're usually spot on as well but I was way off and something seemed off...so I take a closer look at them. That's when it dawns on me, I have no front sight dot from my trijicon hd. Tried to clean it off but it was way too dirty, all I could get was a little showing of the bottom:

IMG_0284.jpg

Ok, fine, I'll make do (so I think). It's still way off. take another closer look and that's when I noticed the rear sight is ~1/4" to the left...wtf:

IMG_0283.jpg (not sure if you can see how shifted it is)

After that, I dumped my last two mags and called it a day. Super frustrated, one thing after another just wasn't my day at the range.

4x4_Welder

I did an appleseed shoot a few years back that went something like that. Day one, I was doing awesome small groupings with iron sights on my M4, but after about 400rnds I couldn't even hit the paper anymore. It turns out the barrel nut came loose, so no way to aim it.
The second day, I took a 10-22 with a fluted match barrel that hadn't been dialed in yet. Got it pretty close, and honed it in in the first few sets, but then it seemed to start drifting. I was able to compensate for it, but then the scope tapped my glasses. The wrong rail was used, and it didn't have anything to prevent it from sliding back.
I missed my rifleman badge by ten points.

ID Bronco

Yes I have! I bought a Ruger Precision with a very nice Zeiss scope, had it bore sighted and then beat my head against the wall to get it to hit paper at 50 yds. I haven't gotten it out in a year since then. I need to start over. I'm probably over it now, and can start over with it. Most likely with someone else there to bounce ideas off of this time.