Official Exciting Changes for RME!

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
With this new forum software, can we upload pics and videos easily from our phones? The main reason I don't post more in general is that I don't generally have time to transfer photos to the computer and then to the forum. I tried talpatalk at one time and it overloaded my phone with notifications and I couldn't get it to shutup so I ditched it. I've wanted to post pics or videos plenty of times but didn't because I was on my phone....

Yes, it's very simple to upload photos with the new sofware! You can upload multiple photos at one time, too.

Under the Text box, you see a 'Attach Files' button. Click that and attach your pics!

We won't be hosting videos because they simply take up too much data. You'll need to host them elsewhere, Youtube, etc. I *think* we will be able to embed videos from Facebook as well, but still working on the embedding part.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Premium Member
I guess this goes here....
Is there anything in the forum software that allows building a trial thread before it goes live?
Specifically, I'd like to build a new thread (think build thread) and edit ord add to it gradually before it goes public.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
I guess this goes here....
Is there anything in the forum software that allows building a trial thread before it goes live?
Specifically, I'd like to build a new thread (think build thread) and edit ord add to it gradually before it goes public.
There's the "Preview" button, next to the "Post Thread", but that just shows you what your new thread or post will look like before you go live. What else is neat is that the forum software will save your work as you type... see the little 'hard disk' on the top-right as you type?

Does that help at all?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Premium Member
what I'm really talking about is a test thread with several posts from me before it goes public. I know, I can start a thread and put several placeholders, but this would be cleaner.

Tonkaman

what I'm really talking about is a test thread with several posts from me before it goes public. I know, I can start a thread and put several placeholders, but this would be cleaner.
Just write it all up on word and copy/paste it to the forum. You can have multiple entries before anyone has time to reply