Explosions on Hell’s Revenge?

smfulle

Just saw a story on kutv 2 news about some explosions/trail rerouting going on at Moab’s Hell’s Revenge.
The news people obviously didn’t know what they were talking about.
Anybody know what’s going on down there?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
They’ve been working on the exit, maybe that’s it. And when I say exit I mean a new way back out the entrance.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
They’ve been working on the exit, maybe that’s it. And when I say exit I mean a new way back out the entrance.

I heard that too, my wife said "good because the exit sucks and is worse than anything on the trail". I told her it was more than likely due to prevent people from going in the exit and not paying more so than making the exit easier.:rofl:

Mike

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I just saw a video on FB. They are blasting at the entrance. Video says it is to create an exit option at the entrance to avoid 2 way traffic on the razor back.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Dave Adams has been sharing info about the reroute on FB over the past few weeks. Seems like a better alternative than other options which included a traffic signal :eek:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Heaven forbid there are tire tracks on dump bump but we can blast the mountainside to have an “exit”! Ridiculous!!

To be fair, Dump Bump, Lions Back and Rubble Trouble belong (belonged) to the State of Utah via SITLA... the feds were not responsible for that closure, well not since they gave it to Utah in 1896 :D

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It’s not another exit, it’s another way to exit out the entrance. A lot of vehicles cough side by sides cough are exiting out the entrance to avoid the “real” exit. They’re concerned there will be an accident on the top of the big fin so this is their solution.

There's more than one exit? Crap I always take the long way out. That's how I blew up my rear axle last time. The exit is harder than the usual bits on the slick rock. I've done it on 31's though, so it can't be that extreme.

Bart

This is a new exit adjacent to the entrance, and will mostly be used by the commercial tours that go in and out through Sand Flats. The official EJS runs and most exiting will continue out the long, bumpy way.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It’s not another exit, it’s another way to exit out the entrance. A lot of vehicles cough side by sides cough are exiting out the entrance to avoid the “real” exit. They’re concerned there will be an accident on the top of the big fin so this is their solution.
Side by sides not following established rules of the trail? Color me shocked!