eye protection

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I often find myself working in the garage without eye protection because all I have is crappy googles or glasses that are hard to see out of and not comfortable. What are you using for eye protection while working on the vehicles / grinding / cutting / etc?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
jeepin4x4james said:
Quick Reflexes :D

you sound like me. I figure that if i close one eye, and squint with the other my changes are only 25% of what they were before to get poked in the eye.

GETBENT

CRASH
I use a good set of safety glasses from Harbor Freight, The kind that look like sunglasses and are comfortable to wear. I have the ones with yellow lenses for grinding, chopsaw, that kind of stuff, then I have a pair that have the dark lenses for torching. It's really easy to forget to put them on but I try hard to always wear them, i would hate to lose my vision.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We use face shields (in addition to safety glasses) at work all the time, I'm getting so used to them I think I'll add one to my garage.

Eye protection is good, face protection is better. I was using my sawzall to chop off some shock mounts & a large sliver of steel broke off & due to the sideload on the saw blade, it shout out & inbedded itself in my cheek. I bled pretty bad from that one.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
We just ordered about a hundred pair of safety glasses with our icon in the lower left corner (out of your field of vision) of the lens. I don't have any pics but they are cool as hell. If any of you RME'ers want a pair-Let me know, I'll hook you up with killer pricing.

Believe me-It sucks only seeing out of one eye.

Caleb

I use a nice set from Home Depot, I have a set of clear lensed ones and a set of yellow lensed ones. I often forget i even have them on while I'm working. At my old shop we too used face sheilds and got so used to using them I was hessitant to do anything without one on. I no longer use one but theya re a good idea. I'll see if I can find them (or a pic) online anywhere...they are about $10 a pair but worth every penny.

Caleb

Found a pic of them...

165520_4.jpg