F*^&%$# Pigeons

DAA

Oh shit, this might do the job real nice like...

That would work. It wont be real quiet, but probably quiet enough. If the sub sonic thing is important, just find a .22 caliber model, the heavier pellets are a lot slower. And, as far as that goes, that thing probably only gets 1,200 fps using stupid light pellets, in a vacuum.

My ancient old Beeman R9 .20 caliber is pretty loud despite being well below subsonic (900 fps). Nobody around here seems to care though.

I've shot quite a few air rifles that had way, way over $2k in them. Hell, they had $3k scopes.

- DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You need a DROZD Blackbird. Youtube is your friend.

Utah air guns has some cool guns. They hold a big shoot up hobble creek and get people from all over the world.

My dad has a 25 cal FX From UAG that shoots around 1k fps. He also has a Fiegnworksbaugh air rifle that is multi thousands of dollars. We used to shoot shotgun primers at 20 yards. You can headshot flies on jam with it.

Fun fact. I won gold at the Utah Summer games in the air rifle competition and silver in the air pistol.

It's fun stuff.

DAA

Crossman 10 pump, or 12, or 13... Play with them, you can tell when the valve starts locking up and you can usually get more than 10 into them. And, for birds at close range, I always liked to load mine with four BB's instead of a pellet...

But they are quiet, surprisingly accurate, and underrated. Rich kids had those damn Benjamin Blue Streaks. Always wanted one, but never had one.

But, totally inefficient and a PITA to the point of unworkable when taking out an attack squadron of grackles. Had a squad raiding a dog food bowl last month. Six of them. Showing up every night at the same time. Able to take out all six, one at a time, from the back door of the garage with the break barrel springer. Never would have happened with a 10 pump.

- DAA

02SE

I bought an Umarex Octane break barrel pellet rifle a few years ago when .22 LR ammo was hard to find. A bit noisy until it breaks in. Large and kind of heavy, but it does a fine job on rats, and other pests.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Crossman 10 pump, or 12, or 13... Play with them, you can tell when the valve starts locking up and you can usually get more than 10 into them. And, for birds at close range, I always liked to load mine with four BB's instead of a pellet...

But they are quiet, surprisingly accurate, and underrated. Rich kids had those damn Benjamin Blue Streaks. Always wanted one, but never had one.

But, totally inefficient and a PITA to the point of unworkable when taking out an attack squadron of grackles. Had a squad raiding a dog food bowl last month. Six of them. Showing up every night at the same time. Able to take out all six, one at a time, from the back door of the garage with the break barrel springer. Never would have happened with a 10 pump.

- DAA
An electrified dog bowl would make that fun to watch... 😬

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Not a bad idea. Is discharging an airgun legal in populated areas? Maybe on a weekend when the missus is out of town...

Depends on the city (and possibly county code as well). I know of a few cities in Utah where it is legal to shoot within city limits.

Moab (and I’m guessing most other communities) explicitly prohibit air guns as well

No person shall discharge any gun, air gun, pistol or pellet gun within the City, except by accident, in self-defense, in the case of any civil officer in the dischargeof his duty, in the case of target shooting after the erection of a proper breastwork or battery for the protection of the citizens or at a regularly licensed shooting gallery.