F*^&%$# Pigeons

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I’m not above thinking cats are annoying either. I just like that if my neighbor gets a cat, they have a cat and I never see it. But if my neighbor gets a dog, the whole neighborhood gets a dog because it keeps everyone up until 1am barking, acts aggressive towards anything it's unfamiliar with when out for a walk (so everything), shits on everyone's lawn, and kills all the grass it gets near. I don’t want a dog.
Fixed this one for you, too. 😁

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My neighbors have cats. I know because of the cat crap in my flower beds and the scratches on my car.

I know they used to have more cats.. but some how they disappeared ;) :ugh:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Always fun hearing people casually talk about killing their neighbors pets.

I didn’t kill them. The city did when they went unclaimed.

However, cats are obligated by law to be treated the same as dogs. No one would ever get away with calling their dog and ‘outside dog’, meaning that it was free to roam and do as it pleases. I don’t know why cat owners think they can.
Also, on a more personal note, each of my kids are incredibly allergic to cats.. so it extra pisses me off to have to take kids to a hospital because the neighbor thinks their cat can crap in my yard or sit in my lawn chairs. I don’t get to go spread peanut butter or gluten on their cars and doors.

And more so.. what about all the folks who raise chickens in their yards that are harassed by cats.

If a cat owner refuses to be responsible, I believe it is well within my rights an morals to protect my family and pets within my property as I see fit.

Beside that, these pigeons could also be some neighbors pets 😉. Your neighbor may be feeding them daily to keep them around because she loves them.. Now you want to kill them.

>End Triggered<

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Fixed this one for you, too. 😁
Inside pets are cool. If my neighbor has a dog that barks all night I tell them to shut it up. If you tell a cat person to keep their cat out of your yard they say “we can’t really control him, he goes where he wants.” and I don’t like that. I didn’t choose that and if it becomes a problem I’ll get a trap from the humane society and get it taken in. I think that’s a reasonable reaction but YMMV

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I didn’t kill them. The city did when they went unclaimed.

However, cats are obligated by law to be treated the same as dogs. No one would ever get away with calling their dog and ‘outside dog’, meaning that it was free to roam and do as it pleases. I don’t know why cat owners think they can.
Also, on a more personal note, each of my kids are incredibly allergic to cats.. so it extra pisses me off to have to take kids to a hospital because the neighbor thinks their cat can crap in my yard or sit in my lawn chairs. I don’t get to go spread peanut butter or gluten on their cars and doors.

And more so.. what about all the folks who raise chickens in their yards that are harassed by cats.

If a cat owner refuses to be responsible, I believe it is well within my rights an morals to protect my family and pets within my property as I see fit.

Beside that, these pigeons could also be some neighbors pets 😉. Your neighbor may be feeding them daily to keep them around because she loves them.. Now you want to kill them.

>End Triggered<
Yes, I agree it would be nice if dog owners abided by the law as well. Barking outside after 10pm is a noise ordinance violation in most places. You can't have your dog off leash unless it's a designated off lease area. And yeah, lots of people are allergic to dogs but owners don't seem to care when they bring them into stores, restaurants, airplanes.
I usually talk to the offending animals owners a few times before I call animal control. Usually they appreciate the feedback and do their best to keep the dog (always a dog) under control going forward. I've only had animal control come to two peoples houses. And only one time did they take the dog, but that's because I'm positive it wasn't just me making the complaint.
But we can agree to disagree about our preferred domesticated animals.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Back to the topic at hand, I pulled out the old air rifle I have, it's a Crosman Model 200 .22 Caliber Bolt Action Air Rifle. Runs off one of those little CO2 canisters, but it's seals are all toast. Looks like you can still get replacements, though.

Reactions: DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Yes, I agree it would be nice if dog owners abided by the law as well. Barking outside after 10pm is a noise ordinance violation in most places. You can't have your dog off leash unless it's a designated off lease area. And yeah, lots of people are allergic to dogs but owners don't seem to care when they bring them into stores, restaurants, airplanes.
I usually talk to the offending animals owners a few times before I call animal control. Usually they appreciate the feedback and do their best to keep the dog (always a dog) under control going forward. I've only had animal control come to two peoples houses. And only one time did they take the dog, but that's because I'm positive it wasn't just me making the complaint.
But we can agree to disagree about our preferred domesticated animals.

Life is about lived experiences. and I think we have simply lived a different experience.

However, bad dog owners are every bit as bad as bad cat owners. We can disagree on which pet is worse.. but we can agree that people are stupid in both scenarios.