F4 in restoration

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
18-X2.jpg

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Thanks Herzog, Im really trying to make them look as detailed as possible, tact sharp and lit well. Inside its harder, I play with the settings, and repeat the shot quite a few times. Practice practice, practice... as much as I can! I love it.

muleskinner

That looks awesome! That is exactly how I prefer an HDR image to look. you can tell it's just a little bit tweaked but still has some realism to it.

I finally took a picture today:D I was too lazy to change the metering or pull out my light meter so it turned out a little too hot:-\ Oh well it was just a quick snap of my dog.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Light meter! Im not even there yet :)

I usually just play safe and take quite a few of my exposures. I have a sort of rhythm now. I know what settings will work for the most part, problem mainly is my light.. the darker images come out a tad noisier than I like..

I didnt use a noise filter on this one, just luminance (noise) adjustment on the Raw tool in Adobe

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
http://marcedwardsmith.smugmug.com/

Here is my professional image hosting, sales side will be setup one day or another, not really concerned with the sales end as much as I should be. I just enjoy archiving.

Sales will come when they come.

Last edited:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Thats neat, I get spazzy on having people in my shots, and or non related material to the subject. Id stand there for a few hours until no one was around, and setup and furiously snap as many as I could!

Good thing is, I made friends with some of the staff up on Base, was able to get inside quite a few planes, but honestly wasn't sure how to deal with that situation photographically, so I decided to not really spend time on post process on those. I had a few, but very unimaginative shots from the interior of the b29, the a1e and the f16

You guys can thank Caleb for my insane drive to perfect these! He clowned me one time on the board :) So I had to learn it.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd love to see your interior stuff on the B29! They let you in that beast? My grandfather was a navigator on one of those in WWII. (never saw action...made it to Hawaii, then they dropped the a-bomb and they didn't have to fly combat). I always liked them, but when I found that out, I really like them.

I LOVE the prop stuff.

I took the above pic on the deck of the USS Midway in San Diego last week. AWESOME experience to check out a whole carrier. Tons of aircraft to check out. Well worth your $18 if you're ever in the area. You'll NEVER get a clear shot. That was as good of one as I could get. I didn't even bother trying on the F14 that was on deck. It was COVERED with people all the time.

Here's a cockpit they had to sit in. Looked suspiciously F4esque, but I haven't had a chance to figure out if that's what it is or not. That's my six year old daughter in there.
attachment.php

Attachments

• F4-Lynds.JPG
    F4-Lynds.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 57

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Ill dig up the shots, but I may go back up with a better light setup, or a diffuser on my 580exii. I really couldnt nail the light I wanted inside so I gave up on them.

I used to live in San Diego, visited that spot many times, way before my love or budget for photography. I cant wait to go back and take HDR shots on the deck with beautiful clouds.. Ill have to call the PR department get on there when its closed...

Thats a priceless image of your kid in the seat, worth more than all mine combined.

mbryson

Supporting Member
....Thats a priceless image of your kid in the seat, worth more than all mine combined.

I got shots of the whole fam in there. Both my boys and one of my wife. I can BARELY fit in there (likely not with a canopy and helmet on?). TONS of gauges and switches in those buggers. It'd take a while to get to know what they all did.

mbryson

Supporting Member
That looks more like the B24, B26 or B17 from what I can tell? The B29 is a four engine heavy that's outside. (that's unfortunate as that's one of the VERY few that are left intact).

Cherokeester

Umm... That is not a B-29 cockpit. B-29 cockpits have a clear view of the front gunner like this. Your picture is a B-24.

Attachments

• b29.jpg
    b29.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: